- Toddler Huwag Bumigay Sa Tantrums! Paano Manindigan Sa Pagsabi Ng 'Hindi' O 'No'
- Money Heto Ang Mga Kailangan Mong Gawin Bago Mag-Add To Cart, Ayon Kay Chinkee Tan
- Baby Time To Change Your Baby's Formula Milk If You See These Signs, According To A Pedia
- Toddler Nagsisilbing 'Happiness Anchor' ang Family Vacation Paglaki ng mga Bata
Make a Superhero Costume for your Kid--No Sewing Required!Take pretend play a notch higher with these!by Lou Velle Mariano .
One of the most-awaited movies this year is Warner Bros. Pictures' Justice League, which will be shown in cinemas locally this November. Surely, your kids couldn't wait to see it on the big screen, so they could fulfill their fantasies of being one of the caped superheroes.
Let your kids join the heroes in their mission to save humanity with these Do-It-Yourself, no-sew costumes:
1. No-Sew Superhero CapeADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• 27 x 30 inch piece of fabric cloth
• Fabric glue
• Self-adhesive velcro dots
• Gross-grain ribbon
Lay the fabric on a flat surface together with the gross-grain ribbon (1 and ½ inch from one of the shorter edges).CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Put fabric glue for about half an inch below the gross-grain ribbon, then fold over the upper part of the fabric and seal.
Gather the fabric and put a fabric glue at the openings to secure each end. If the ribbon is too long for your kid, trim it using the scissors.
Attach the velcro dot on the end of each side of the ribbon. Voila! The cape is now ready!
Watch the full how-to video here.
2. No-sew Superhero MaskADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Craft felt sheets (in any color that you like)
• Permanent marker
• Tape measure
• .25-inch metal eyelet kit
Print the template. Using the scissors, cut out the mask, the star, and the lightning bolt.
Trace the template by using the permanent marker on your chosen color of craft felt. Cut along the traced lines and repeat the same process with the star and the lightning bolt.
Using a glue, arrange the design the way your kid prefers it.
Using the scissors, carefully create a hole on the right and left edges of the mask that would fit the .25 inch metal eyelet kit.
Lastly, thread one end of the garter in one of the eyelets. Secure the end by using a glue. Repeat the same process on the other side.
Your superhero mask is now ready! For the full step-by-step instructions, click here.
3. No-Sew Superhero CuffsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Toilet paper rolls
• Hole Punch
First, cut a slit all the way down on one side of a toilet paper roll. You can also cut some shapes and designs that you would like to put in your cuffs. (You can also use craft felt, you just need to cut a rectangular shape that would fit with the size of your child’s wrist)
Then, paint your pieces. Make sure that you will use different colors with your shape to make sure that they will pop! (You can also use color papers instead of paint)
When the paint is already dry. You can now glue your desired shapes to your cuffs! Then punch a few holes on the side of your cuff’s openings. Lace them up by putting a yarn.
Now your superhero is ready to save the world! For the video instructions, click here.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network