Add to your arsenal of mastered desserts this year, and see if you can make these classic sweet treats. For kitchen newbie moms, cheats are included as well to help you along or provide an alternate recipe to make an easier version of the dessert.
1. Brownies Who doesn't love Nutella? Make brownies made from this crowd-favorite chocolate spread. The recipe below is also topped sea salt for a contrast of saltiness.
Cheat with: a boxed brownie mix Try Maya's Chocolate Fudgie Brownie Mix that you can buy for just P79.50 per box — less mess and affordable. The Maya brownie box “churns out smooth, chewy, chocolate-y brownies. A good-quality brownie through and through, any chocolate-lover will enjoy its flavor after each successive bite,” said Yummy.ph.
2. Leche Flan This beloved Filipino dessert is easy to make as it needs only three major ingredients: egg yolks, condensed milk, and evaporated milk.
But it can be a rather intimidating dessert because it can be difficult to make right. For example, leche flan has a better texture when there are no bubbles. To avoid this, “mix the ingredients gently with a wooden spoon or whisk and only until everything is combined and homogenous,” said Yummy.ph. See all their tips on how make the perfect leche flan here.
Cheat with: a chef's 9-1-1 magic ratio Filipina pastry chef Heny Sison easy leche flan recipe calls for 9 egg yolks, 1 can of condensed milk (300-ml), 1 can of evaporated milk (370-ml). Yummy.ph teaches you how to make it here.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie There’s nothing like holding a freshly-baked warm cookie in your hand and dunking it in a glass of milk. Watch your kids light up when they hear you’re making these at home.
Cheat with:instant chocolate chip cookie boxed mixes Yummy.ph’s favorite is White King’s Belgian Chocolate Chip Cookie which they describe as “soft batch-style, chewy cookies studded with a generous amount of large, slightly bitter chocolate chips.” They add, “If you’re looking for classic, homey, chocolate chip cookies, pick up this mix. It’s the closest you’ll get to homemade.”
4. Banoffee Pie Aiming to impress? The banoffee pie will make your guests go, “Wow! Gawa mo talaga ‘yan?” This refrigerator cake has a graham cracker crust filled with bananas and dulce de leche and covered with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Cheat with:the video above! The banoffee pie may look complicated and difficult to make but, according toYummy.ph, this indulgent dessert is rather easy to whip up. You only need 6 ingredients plus shaved chocolate for garnish.
5. Chocolate Cake Wanna be that mom who can bake a scrumptious chocolate cake on her child's birthday? It may require effort but the sense of accomplishment as you present it to your kiddo is totally worth it.
Cheat with:a no-oven-required recipe Yes, it's true! You can make a fudgy chocolate cake without an oven. Try Yummy.ph's recipe for a steamed one below: