- Real Parenting Andi Eigenmann First Thought She And Philmar Would Have Issues About Parenting Styles
- Labor & Childbirth 'Nanay Ka, Kahit Ano Pang Delivery Procedure Ang Pinagdaanan Mo'
- News Red Cross To Sell Two Doses Of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine For P3,500
- News Rabiya Mateo Hopes To Reunite With Father In The US: 'I Just Want To Know If He's Alive'
How To Get Kids To Eat Their Veggies: Ampalaya, Squash and EggplantHaving problems with getting your kids to eat veggies? Some real cooking moms share with us what they did to overcome the problem of feeding veggies to their kids.by Julian Vorpal .
Are your kids picky eaters? Is it a bloody struggle to get them to eat vegetables? Don’t worry because we’ve talked to three cooking moms on fun and interesting ways to convince your children to eat the challenging vegetable trio: ampalaya, eggplant and squash.
Jane De Leon
Mother to Santiago, 23, Sergio, 21, Miguel, 20 and Marco, 17. Jane is currently a student of the Center for Family Ministries (CEFAM) and the former owner/manager of a fast food outlet called Good Stuff.
Her Veggies: Squash, Ampalaya and Eggplant
Diningding is a veggie stew that my kids like to eat.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/3 cup bagoong
• 4 cups water
• 4 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
• 1 cup squash, cubed
• 1 bundle sting beans, cut into 2-inch long pieces
• 5 pieces okra, halved
• 1 ampalaya, halved and sliced
• 1 eggplant, cut into 2-inch long pieces
• 1 cup, dried shrimp (hibe)
• 1 whole tilapia or bangus, fried or grilled
Heat olive oil, then sauté garlic and bagoong for 3 minutes. Strain. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the strained bagoong, tomatoes, onion, ginger and squash.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
When squash is half-cooked, add the sitaw, okra, and ampalaya. Do not stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and dried shrimp. Cover and cook until done. Add the fish on top, and cook until heated through.
As kids grow up, you have to introduce them to different kinds of vegetables. Serving it at home and watching you eat it will make them realize it’s good.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here for another ampalaya, squash and eggplant recipe: Tempura Style Veggies.1 of 3 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network