- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares The Food Your Child Needs To Eat To Fight Viruses And Infections
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Shares Her Childbirth Experience Where Unang Yakap Wasn't Done
- Baby Ilang Buwan Bago Makakita Si Baby: Alamin Ang Milestones Ng Kanyang Paningin
- Real Parenting Curly Hair Is Beautiful! How This Group Helps Kids Embrace Their Natural Waves And Curls
Old Fashioned Caldereta by Caren Bayhon-YrastorzaTry cooking this recipe by Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza and see if you have what it takes to be the next SM Super Chef.
Old Fashioned Caldereta by Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 1 kilo beef brisket
- About a dozen medium-sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 pc calamansi
- Half cup soy sauce
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- Laurel leaf
- 2 large onions, minced
- 3 pcs siling labuyo, chopped (optional)
- 5 medium-sized potatoes, cut crosswise
- 2 pcs red bell pepper, julliened
- A small bottle of pitted and stuffed green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce (for coloring only)
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Season beef with salt and pepper then marinate in soy sauce and calamansi for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Layer the ingredients in a casserole such that tomato is at the bottom, then marinated beef, garlic and onion at the top of the whole ensemble. This way, flavors lock in the beef that’s in the middle of the assembly.
- Pour in about 3 cups of water to help liquefy and wilt the tomatoes at the bottom. Bring to a moderate simmer.
- Once drying out, continue pouring in water until beef tenderness is achieved.
- Add the bell peppers, laurel leaf, sili and the pitted olives. Mix in the tomato sauce. Set aside.
- Meantime, deep fry the potatoes.
- Pour the beef mixture onto a Pyrex or baking dish. Garnish with fried potatoes on top.
About Caren Bayhon-YrastorzaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza is a former news anchor, a mom and a foodie who enjoys going to the grocery. She authors the site, theeatingroom.wordpress.com—a blog for cooking enthusiasts where one can find easy to prepare recipes and must try dining places.
Trending in Summit Network