- Real Parenting Michael V. Asks Ogie Alcasid: 'Paano Maging Tatay Sa Mga Anak Na Dalawa Ang Nanay?'
- Money Love Books? You Can Get Paid P715 For Every Title You Review On This Website
- Inspiration SPED Teacher Uses Own Money To Transform A Storage Room Into A Classroom For His Students
- News Alwyn Uytingco Posts Message For Jennica Garcia: 'Mahal Na Mahal Kita'
Old Fashioned Caldereta by Caren Bayhon-YrastorzaTry cooking this recipe by Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza and see if you have what it takes to be the next SM Super Chef.
Old Fashioned Caldereta by Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza
- 1 kilo beef brisket
- About a dozen medium-sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 pc calamansi
- Half cup soy sauce
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- Laurel leaf
- 2 large onions, minced
- 3 pcs siling labuyo, chopped (optional)
- 5 medium-sized potatoes, cut crosswise
- 2 pcs red bell pepper, julliened
- A small bottle of pitted and stuffed green olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce (for coloring only)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Season beef with salt and pepper then marinate in soy sauce and calamansi for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Layer the ingredients in a casserole such that tomato is at the bottom, then marinated beef, garlic and onion at the top of the whole ensemble. This way, flavors lock in the beef that’s in the middle of the assembly.
- Pour in about 3 cups of water to help liquefy and wilt the tomatoes at the bottom. Bring to a moderate simmer.
- Once drying out, continue pouring in water until beef tenderness is achieved.
- Add the bell peppers, laurel leaf, sili and the pitted olives. Mix in the tomato sauce. Set aside.
- Meantime, deep fry the potatoes.
- Pour the beef mixture onto a Pyrex or baking dish. Garnish with fried potatoes on top.
About Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza
Caren Bayhon-Yrastorza is a former news anchor, a mom and a foodie who enjoys going to the grocery. She authors the site, theeatingroom.wordpress.com—a blog for cooking enthusiasts where one can find easy to prepare recipes and must try dining places.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network