- Home Refrigerator Storage Tips And Tricks Para Sa Mga Mabusising Nanay
- Labor & Childbirth At 31 Weeks, This Mom Felt Fine. Then The Doctor Said She Needed A C-Section Immediately
- Your Kid’s Health My 8-Year-Old Daughter Started Her Period. This Is Too Early, Right?
- Money 'Our Hospital Bill Was Supposed To Be P18,000+ But We Paid P40'
Apples, Pears, and BananasHow to prepare these great fruits for your baby!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. There is wisdom behind this very popular adage. Apples are filled with Vitamins A, C, folate, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. However, there are no homegrown apples in our country. The banana is the apple of today. This amazing fruit is a valuable source of vitamin A, B6, C, and potassium. It is high in fiber and acts as an antioxidant. Other fruits you can offer your baby are peaches and ripe mangoes.
Some examples of fruits that may require a little cooking are pears and apples. Pears are a great source of vitamin C and K, potassium and fiber. Allergic reactions to pear are very rare. Ripe pears are sweet and juicy with a buttery, grainy texture.
- Put your pears beside a banana or wrap them in Manila paper to ripen them faster.
- Do not refrigerate your pears until they are ripe or they will never ripen.
- Never store your pears beside strong smelling foods like onions or cheeses because they tend to absorb odors.
There are several ways to cook pears. Peel and core the pear, and cut into chunks. You may then choose to steam, simmer, bake, or boil the pear chunks. Cook until tender, then mash with a fork or pass through a blender or food processor. You may also choose to pass the cooked pear through a strainer to separate the grainy parts from the tender meat of the fruit. Your pureed pear may be mixed with avocados, bananas, or applesauce. It can be added to cereal, oatmeal, or mixed with some yogurt. You can put a chunk of ripe uncooked pear in a fresh food feeder and let her suck the sweet juice out of the chunk.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network