- Your Health Infectious Disease Doctor Shares How To Protect Your Family If A COVID-19 Pandemic Happens
- Your Kid’s Health Is Your Child's Height and Weight Normal For His Age? What You Need To Know
- Getting Pregnant Could Women Get Pregnant From Swimming In Pools? What's True, What's Not
- Getting Pregnant Pregnant Mom Says She Was Not Allowed On A Plane After Airline Crew's 'Diagnosis'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Breaded Fish Fillet With Mornay Sauce
This fish fillet recipe is a healthy ba-on alternative for busy moms. Prepare in the evening and fry in the morning.
Egg, 1-2 pcs.
Fish Fillet*, 450g
Flour, 1 cup
Salt & Pepper
*Fish Fillet can be tuna, dorado, or lapu-lapu
For Mornay* Sauce:
Milk, 1 cup
Cheez Whiz, 1 small sachet
Nutmeg, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Procedure:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Wash and dry fillets. Slice into strips. Set aside.
- Season fillet with salt and pepper.
- Prepare basic breading.
- Coat fillet with flour. Dip in egg. Then sprinkle breadcrumbs on it. Deep fry until golden brown.
For dipping sauce:
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan and add flour to make a roux* . Set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat milk. Gradually add to the roux, while beating constantly.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Adjust consistency with more hot milk, if necessary.
- Season with nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Add 1 sachet of Cheez Whiz.
* Roux – A roux is a mixture of shortening and flour, cooked until bubbly, base for sauce
* Mornay – cheese sauce
Good for kids age 2 years old and up.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
The thing is, moms can always do the preparations at night, and fry it easily the next morning. Moms can choose from serving or packing it as a finger food, or matching it up with brown rice or mashed potato to make it a real good meal. Moms can also experiment with the fillet size.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The most essential components in this recipe are eggs, fish, and milk, setting apart a huge health difference from the regular ba-on meals that most moms prepare for their kids. Because your kids get to have almost all the necessary nutrients from these healthy ingredients, this recipe will help you and your kids reach their daily diet requirement without difficulty.
Source: Mixed and matched by culinary student, Jose U. Sandoval, Jr. of Asiaworld Culinary Academy
Photo by David Hanson Ong for yummy.ph