- Your Kid’s Health PH Doctors Release Vaccination Guidelines to Protect Children From Polio Outbreak
- Travel No Beach, No Problem! 10 Resorts in Laguna for a Unique Vacation Experience
- Fashion 10 Chic and Roomy HandbagsThat Can Hold All Your Mommy Essentials, Starting at P385
- Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Symptoms Week 10: Nagsisimula Nang Mapansin ang Baby Bump Mo
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Love to Eat With Your Hands? Try This Chicken Sisig Soft Tacos RecipeCelebrate the best of Filipino and Mexican cuisines in this one-of-a-kind wrap.
Celebrate the best of Filipino and Mexican cuisines in this one-of-a-kind wrap. Serve this if you're having a get-together this weekend or simply while enjoying an afternoon of quality time with the family. And you don't worry about the mess; the kids can just gobble this up on a plate.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Serves 6 to 8
Here's what you'll need:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 teaspoons liquid seasoning
250 gram chicken thigh fillets
250 grams chicken breast fillets
1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 piece red onion, chopped
1/2 piece white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 pieces finger chilies, sliced diagonally
1. Make the garlic sauce: Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 3 cloves garlic (chopped), and 3 teaspoons liquid seasoning in a bowl; set aside.
2. Boil 250 grams chicken thigh fillets and 250 grams chicken breast fillets for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is half cooked; let cool.
3. Shred chicken breasts and chop chicken thighs into cubes; combine in a bowl and set aside.
4. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a pan over medium heat.
5. Sauté 1 red onion (chopped), 1/2 white onion (chopped), and 4 cloves garlic (chopped) until fragrant.
6. Add 2 finger chilies (sliced diagonally) and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add chicken and sauté until fully cooked.
8. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, juice from 2 pieces calamansi, and 2 tablespoons garlic sauce.
9. Mix to combine, remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl.
10. To serve, warm 6 to 8 tortilla wraps. Top with shredded cabbage or lettuce, chicken sisig, garlic sauce, crushed chicharon, and cilantro leaves; fold tortillas to close. Serve with lime wedges on the side.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.