- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler How to Avoid Raising a Child Who Still Relies on You When He's 30
- Health & Nutrition Bawal Nga Bang Kumain ng Talong ang Buntis?
- News Alice Dixson Introduces Daughter Aura: 'Am I Going To Be A Good Mom?'
Easy-To-Make Noche Buena Recipes: Broken Glass Gelatin
Kids will love the wiggly texture of this dessert. Involve them in making this treat and make it part of your Noche Buena!by Irene Sofia Recio .
One of the things you will never want your toddler to play with is broken glass. But with this recipe, you and your child will have lots of fun assembling this dessert for your Noche Buena feast.
Prepare 2 to 3 gelatin molds. You will need 5 boxes of different flavored or colored gelatin to make the “crystals.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5 different flavors of gelatin
1 pack unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon white sugar
3 cups hot water
1 cup cold water
4 egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose cream
1 cup evaporated milk
Breaking the Glass:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Use 5 different colored gelatins. I usually use Strawberry (red), Lemon (yellow), Lime (green), Orange (orange), and Grape (violet). The tangy flavors go well with the cream mixture that holds it all together.
- In a medium bowl, mix together contents of one box of flavored gelatin, 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin, 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 cup hot water. Mix until the gelatin powder and sugar are fully dissolved. Then add 1 cup of cold water. Make sure everything is mixed well. Pour into a square pan and let this chill inside the refrigerator until firm.
- Do the same procedure with the 4 other boxes of colored gelatin. Tip: Let the colored gelatin “rest” in the refrigerator overnight to make sure they are firm and intact.
- When the gelatins are firm, cut them up into cubes and combine in a large bowl. Your child can help you cut the colorful gelatin into cubed pieces with the use of a plastic knife with a rounded tip. Make sure that your little handy helper is supervised at all times. Set aside and prepare the creamy mixture.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin in 2 cups of hot water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low fire, beat 4 egg yolks and cook with 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice until the mixture thickens. Pour in the hot water-gelatin mixture. Remove from fire.
- Fold in 1 cup all-purpose cream and 1 cup evaporated milk.
Assembling The Dessert:
- Combine the cream mixture with the cut-up gelatin crystals. Quickly, but gently, pour into gelatin molds (or in cute serving cups if you prefer to make them in separate serving portions). Let it sit in the refrigerator until firm.Tip: Prepare the cream mixture a few hours before serving. Work quickly in assembling the cream with the crystals as this may start to set within minutes when its temperature starts to cool.
- Leave this dessert in the refrigerator until it is time to serve.
Photography by Ocs Alvarez
Trending in Summit Network