- Real Parenting Sa Dami Ng Nangyayari Sa Social Media, Panahon Na Bang Tigilan Ang Sharenting?
- Toddler 6 Ways To Calm Toddler Meltdowns Without Losing Patience Yourself
- Preschooler Parents Need To 'Detach' When It Comes To Distance Learning
- Money Looking For An Online Job? Sure Ways To Get Employers To Notice Your Application
Easy-To-Make Noche Buena Recipes: The Fruit Salad
Not only is it popular and quintessential to Noche Buena, the Fruit Salad is fun to make with your child.by Irene Sofia Recio .
What Noche Buena feast is complete without the ever-popular Fruit Salad? Easy to do and right on the tummy meter, your kiddo can help you prepare the special night’s dessert with much fun and enjoyment.
All you will need are:
2 to 3 cans of Fruit Cocktail (depending on the size or appetite of your family)
1 small bottle green nata de coco
1 small bottle red nata de coco
1 small bottle green kaong
1 small bottle regular white kaong
3 small juicy red apples, cut into cubes
1 ½ cups cheese, cut into cubes
1 can condensed milk
2 packs All-Purpose Cream
Red cherries for topping (optional)ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- First, drain the fruit cocktail for at least an hour. You wouldn’t want a drenched fruit salad. Your toddler can help you empty the cans’ contents onto a colander. Tip: Save the juice of the fruit cocktail for a charming fruit punch later on.
- When all the juices have been drained, mix all the fruits together in a bowl.
- Combine the fruits with the colorful nata de cocos and kaongs. The bright colors go well with the festivities and makes for an interesting eyeful to your little one.
- Add the condensed milk and all-purpose cream until everything is well blended.
- Throw in the cubed cheese for that added salty taste combined with the sweetness of the mixture. Blend well. Your child will enjoy mixing all the ingredients.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with more cherries if available. I love this fruit, and I think that the fruit mix in fruit cocktail cans drastically lack cherries. Your little helper can cap the serving portions with these yummy little red orbs. You can even make a counting lesson out of it!
- This dessert is best served chilled. Don’t forget to freeze or refrigerate properly. The salad should be put in the freezer if it isn’t consumed within the day. I personally love eating frozen fruit salad.
- Other fruits you may want to add are buko strips, grapes, lychees, mangoes, peaches, or whatever other fruits you may have on hand.
Trending in Summit Network