- Travel Long Weekend Coming Soon? 5 Metro Manila Hotel Staycations Under P5,000
- Labor & Childbirth Giving Birth In Singapore Can Cost More Than P1 Million If You're An OFW
- Baby Does Baby Love Stacking Cups? These Toys Are Actually Good For Brain Building
- Travel Pili Paninap Farm: Perfect Para Sa Mga Naghahanap Ng Sariwang Hangin!
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Sweet Fun: Sonja Ocampo’s Guide to Creating Yummy CupcakesWhip up a delightful activity right in your kitchen! Pastry princess Sonja Ocampo clues you in on the art of making cupcakes.by Sonja Ocampo .
• Always cool your cupcakes before decorating them.
• An easy, mess-free way to fill your cupcake liners with batter? Use an ice cream scoop!
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to designing cupcakes. Just play around, experiment, and let your imagination fly!
Popcorn ArtADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Cupcake with fluffy vanilla butter cream
• Yellow or white mini marshmallows
• Popcorn paper band computer print-out
1. Cover frosted butter cream cupcake with mini marshmallows
2. Wrap band around the cupcake, and secure with tape.
How to pipe:
1. Cut the end of a pastry bag.
2. Insert a coupler with your desired pastry tip.
3. Hold the bottom of the pastry bag in one hand, and fold about half of the bag inside-out over your hand.
4. Fill the bag with frosting using a spatula. Press out excess air, and seal with rubber band.
5. With your good hand, hold the top of the pastry bag then squeeze. Use your other hand to direct the bag.
You don’t always need to stick to a cupcake recipe to make, uhm, cupcakes. Try any cake recipe! Just bake it for less the amount of time required.
Practice piping on parchment paper first. Go crazy with your designs!
● Impress your friend by baking your cupcake batter in an ice cream cone. Spoon batter into each ice cream cone. Let your cones stand in cupcake pans and bake. Frost, then cover with sprinkles.
● Use dark-colored metal cupcake pans instead of the flimsy, light colored metal ones. Your cupcakes will rise higher and brown better.
● Don’t have a pastry bag? You can use a large Ziplock bag instead. Fill the bag, pack tight, and squeeze down. Turn the bag 45 degrees so the bottom edge is pointing directly to the floor. Cut a hole. You can also make parchment cones using parchment paper triangles.
Cupcakes by Sonja holds small cupcake decorating parties at their store in Serendra at The Fort. Ten kids get to play pastry chef for a day, and spend an afternoon creating cupcakes of different colors and designs.
Sonja’s Create-A-Cupcake parties can also go to your homes. Just gather a group, and they’ll take care of the rest. For inquiries, call: (02)856-0308.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Click here to see more yummy cupcake recipes from Sonja.1 of 4 NEXT