- Preschooler Tell Me No Lice: 'Kuto-quette' for Moms
- Your Kid’s Health This 5-Year-Old Boy Started Wetting the Bed Each Night. Then, His Blood Sugar Spiked
- Health & Nutrition Congenital Anomaly Scan: Bakit Mahalaga ang Prenatal Test na Ito
- Toddler Feel Like You Need to Bribe Your Child to Behave? Try the 'Holen' Parenting Hack
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Valentine at Home: 5 Recipes that Awaken the SensesHave a perfect Valentine feast this weekend right at your home!
Admit it - most of us cringe at the thought of dining out with our loved ones on Valentine’s Day. While we all would love to celebrate love in all its glory, we’re wary about the mush associated with this much-publicized date.
So, to avoid sheepish smiles and snickers from the singletons and long waiting lines at the restaurant (and other private places), why not just whip up your own 5-course menu this weekend? Send the kids to grandma’s, put on a jazzy tune, and enjoy your very own private dinner for two.
This creamy and flavorful dish is a fitting starter. With a hint of red wine, it awakens the senses and prepares your palate for more flavor.
1/4 kilo prawn, shelled and coarsely chopped
200 grams celery, diced
200 grams carrots, diced
100 grams onions
1/2 can tomato paste
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup sour cream
100 grams bacon rendered of its fat
10 grams flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Clean prawns and devein.
2. Keep the prawn shell, and sauté with a little oil.
3. Once the prawn shell has turned orange, add onions, celery, and carrots.
4. Bake in the oven in high heat for 10 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, and deglaze with red wine.
6. Add chicken broth and allow to boil.
7. Remove mixture. Let it pass through the food processor and grind.
8. Strain through a fine sieve or cheese cloth.
9. Make a roux* with equal portions of butter and all purpose flour to thicken the broth.
10. Add coarsely chopped prawn pieces.
11. Allow to thicken and simmer.
12. Remove from heat and add the sour cream.
13. Top with bacon crisps.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
Salt and Pepper
Melt the butter and add flour. Cook flour for about 5 minutes stirring constantly or until the flour is golden brown. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Use to thicken soups and gravies.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW1 of 5 NEXT