- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- News Lilo Is Too Adorable With Her Toy Propeller That Dad Philmar Alipayo Made Using Coconut Leaves!
- Baby This Girl Weighed 1 Pound at Birth and Was Given an Hour to Live
- Money #ShareKoLang Php112,200 Ang Savings Namin Sa Cloth Diaper Vs Disposable
4 Baon Favorites with a Healthy TwistWe gave the most common packed lunch for school a new, healthier twist.
Kids need their daily dose of vitamins and minerals and also a good boost of energy to last the entire day. What they have for lunch, of course, is key in meeting these needs. Unfortunately, not all parents have the time and creativity to ensure that their kids’ lunch meals are filled with only the finest and brightest representatives of the food groups.
Here are four recipes to inspire you to cook healthier. The best part? Whipping up these dishes will get you in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Baking the chicken instead of frying it makes this go-to recipe healthier.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
400 grams skinless chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup panko bread crumbs
cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 large eggs, beaten ½ cup all-purpose flour olive oil, for greasing steamed white rice buttered corn and carrots, and barbecue sauce, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Slice chicken into 2-inch pieces (squares or strips). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Place all-purpose flour and beaten eggs in separate bowls.
4. Dredge chicken pieces in flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with breadcrumbs. Transfer chicken pieces to greased baking sheet.
5. Bake chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden, flipping halfway through. Serve with steamed white rice, buttered corn and carrots, and barbecue sauce.
This dish serves 3 to 4 and requires 15 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of cooking time
Apple Burger Steak
Adding apples to the usual burger steak recipe makes it sweet and extra tender. We throw in a healthy version of gravy, too.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
For the burger patties:
400 grams ground beef
1 red delicious apple, peeled and grated
1 medium-sized red onion, diced
¼ cup chopped celery
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
½ teaspoon pepper 1
2 teaspoons white sugar
For the creamy mushroom sauce:
¼ cup sliced button mushroom
olive oil, for sautéing
1 cup creamy yogurt
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
garlic powder, salt, and pepper, to taste
steamed white rice, to serve
1. Combine all ingredients for the burger patties in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Cover bowl and marinate mixture in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Make the creamy mushroom sauce: sauté mushrooms in a pan over low heat; remove from heat. Combine mushrooms, creamy yogurt, and soy sauce in a bowl. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Take out burger mixture from the refrigerator and form into patties depending on your preferred size.
4. Grill patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
5. Serve apple burger steak over steamed white rice. Top with creamy mushroom sauce.
This dish serves 3 to 4, and requires 10 minutes prep time (plus marinating time) and 15 minutes cooking timeADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network