- Real Parenting Princess Tent Kapalit Ng 2 Kilong Manok! The Best Items Moms Got From Bartering
- Toddler Is It Okay To Discipline Someone Else's Child? When People Need To Mind Their Own Business
- News New Trend Shows Whole Families Are Getting COVID-19. How It Happens
- Your Health For Another Layer Of Protection! Where To Buy Face Shields In Manila
10 Mini Makeovers That Cost Zero PesosHere's how to get maximum room impact at minimum cost!
You don't have to win a Real Makeover to bring some change to your home. Here are little things you can do without the help of a professional (and at zero cost!) that will make a big difference in your space.
1. Rearrange your furniture
The change can make you feel like you've updated your room. But if you're lacking in floor area, simply pull your furniture away from the walls to give the illusion of more space.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Replace your knick-knacks with live plantsCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Instead of buying more decorative tabletop accessories that will add clutter, use fresh potted plants to decorate your home, instead.
3. Nix a wooden coffee table for your ottomanADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you want a more design-savvy living room, remove your bulky wooden coffee table and replace it with your existing upholstered ottomans. It will give your living room a softer look, and provide extra seating, as well.
What other parents are reading
4. Or use multiple side tables instead of one coffee table
Here's a chic alternative to a single coffee table: use three different small side tables in a cluster, instead. They don't have to match, and it's okay if it's of different heights.
5. Switch cool white lightbulbs to warm white
The warm light makes all the difference; it sets the mood, plus, it's more flattering on the skin.
6. Make a "book table"
Instead of letting all your books lie around and clutter up your room, strategically organize them in a pile. With sturdy hardbounds on the bottom, build up a stack of books at approximately the height of a side table. Top it off with a quirky table lamp.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
7. Rotate your displays
Don't showcase your travel finds and mementos all at once. Keep some in storage and periodically rotate your displays. It'll keep your place looking fresh, and it'll give guests something to talk about.
8. Make a "casual" gallery
If you're tired of seeing your paintings just hanging on the walls, bring them down and prop the paintings on top of shelves. Or casually set them on the floor and prop them against the walls.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
9. Ditch the heavy side drapes
If you're not too concerned about privacy, remove your heavy side drapes and just leave on your sheer curtains for a sleeker, sunnier, and airier-looking room.
10. Remove everything for that minimalist lookADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Are you brave enough to take the plunge? Remove almost all of your decor: paintings, curtains, extra pillows, tabletop decor, and leave only the most essential pieces for that clean, minimalist look.
This article originally appeared in the September 2008 issue of Real Living magazine.
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network