- Baby Excited To Bring Your Newborn Home? Expert Lists 3 Things You Need To Prepare First
- Baby Chat With Smart Parenting On Messenger And Get The Pregnancy And Baby Essentials You Need!
- Home Start Your Garden Now! The Best Indoor Plants for Beginners
- Inspiration Pinay Flight Attendants Band Together To Help 400 Displaced OFWs In Saudi Arabia
5 Styling Ideas We Can Steal From Kids' RoomsReconnect with your inner child by taking your decor choices a little less seriously.
Different rules apply when styling spaces for kids and grown-ups—non-hues are reserved for mom and dad while toddlers can get away with mixing prints. While these tricks are useful, that doesn't mean you always have to stick to it or one can't be inspired by the other. If you're in the process of revamping your sleeping chambers, get ready to take down notes from these nurseries:
1. Be bold with your paint choices.
When it comes to styling spaces for the young ones, we never think twice about using the brightest and the loudest shades on the walls—you can apply the same philosophy to your own bedroom, too. Feel free to shy away from neutrals and pick out almost-neon hues that can add a playful touch to your boudoir.
2. Make room for lots of storage.
Whether it's a room for the little ones or a space for adults, storage is very important. Make sure to incorporate drawers, cubbyholes and hanging shelves to make sure you avoid clutter as all your belongings have a proper place.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. There is always room for a workspace, even in tight quarters.
Hunching over your bed to finish a last-minute task can't do your posture any good. It's always best to allot room for a desk where one can draw pictures or finish a report. To save space, you can use multipurpose furniture—this sleek, rolling table doubles as a sidetable (as seen in photo) when not in use.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
What other parents are reading
4. There's no such thing as having too many pillows.
In any kids' room, comfort reigns supreme. Achieve the same feel by adding lots of pillows on the bed, couch or even on the floor of your bedroom. These fluffy pieces instantly evoke a warm and cozy vibe to any space without having to do anything else decor-wise.
5. Bunk beds are always a good idea.
If you're working with limited room and you want to maximize floorspace, bunk beds are the way to go. It gives each dweller the feeling of having his or her own personal space without crowding the room with tons of stuff.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network