They say the term “working mom” is redundant – precisely because when you’re a mom, there’s always work to be done, from preparing meals to giving the kids a bath, to cleaning the house and balancing the budget. More so if you’re employed and have to travel to work every single day - planning your day becomes even more of a challenge, especially because of the perpetually bad traffic situation in the city.
If you drive a car to and from work, you know how stressful it can be when a trip that normally takes 30 minutes could well extend to an hour or two these days. Shell FuelSave gives working moms simple and practical ways to not only minimize the chances of you getting hassled while stuck in traffic, but also to keep your gas working every peso it’s worth.
1. When driving, keep a bottle or tumbler of water on hand and take an occasional drink. Not only will it keep you hydrated, it will help you concentrate better too while on the road.
2. Excess baggage can also use up fuel unnecessarily. Make sure to unload heavy items from your car (such as baby strollers) when you don’t need them because for every 100 pounds (45 kilograms) of excess weight on your vehicle, you lose 1 to 2 percent of fuel efficiency.
3. Did you know that when your car windows are open, you usually end up stepping a little harder on your gas pedal? Do your gas tank a favor and keep those windows closed.
4. You know it’s going to be a long trip when you travel between 7:00 and 10:00 in the morning, and from 5:00 to 7:00 in the evening. Try to squeeze in some mommy-errands or tasks at the office to be productive during rush hour rather than being on the road.
5. Couples who carpool know that sitting through hours of EDSA traffic on their way home is just as tiring as an entire day at the office, not to mention a waste of valuable fuel, too. When traffic is at a standstill, find the nearest Shell station and stop a while to get coffee, donuts, and gas up with Shell FuelSave. Shell FuelSave is designed to help you save fuel, so, paired with the proper driving habits, you are sure to reduce your fuel costs.
To see how fuel efficient you are, sign-up for Target One Million and be one in a million motorists all over the world inspired to save fuel with Shell FuelSave.