- Real Parenting Andi Eigenmann First Thought She And Philmar Would Have Issues About Parenting Styles
- Labor & Childbirth 'Nanay Ka, Kahit Ano Pang Delivery Procedure Ang Pinagdaanan Mo'
- News Red Cross To Sell Two Doses Of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine For P3,500
- News Rabiya Mateo Hopes To Reunite With Father In The US: 'I Just Want To Know If He's Alive'
5 Tips When Saying Goodbye to YayaYaya Manual editor Tisha C. Bautista shares some tips to help you in making the process the least painful as possible.by Tisha C. Bautista .
Parting ways is never the easiest of things especially when it has to do with someone from your household. Depending on how things end, there could be feelings of sadness, regret, anger even betrayal. But granting that you have exhausted all means to keep this staffer(and still things don’t look like they are going to work out) and considering that you have treated her fairly in every aspect --- you should not feel bad or guilty about having to let her go.
However, here are some tips from our Maid Manual to help you in making the process the least painful as possible:
1. Pick the time and place well. Choose a time when emotions have subsided and losing face will be kept at a minimum. Make sure you leave your staffer with her self-worth intact.
2. Be fair. Letting her go is usually the result of a major event or a combination of minor events. Process the problems with her and point out how each party probably made their own mistakes. Explain why certain things cannot be undone and why it has come to this. Make sure you take the time out for her to understand why you must let her go.
3. Give her final pay and a bit more. When giving final pay, short of theft or real dishonesty being the reason for letting her go, give the salary owed to her inclusive of the day she is leaving and, if possible, a little extra. She may not have enough funds/savings to bridge the period before she finds another job. If the parting is amicable, volunteer your recommendation letter should she need it in the future. Wish her luck and Godspeed. Kindness can never be a bad thing.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Click here to read more tips on saying goodbye to yaya.1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network