- News Plan Your Vacations! The Official List Of Philippine Holidays For 2020 Is Here
- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares 5 'Sweet Ways' To Manage Your Child's Sugar Intake
- Beauty This Minimally-Invasive Treatment Will Give You A Face Lift Instantly
- Breastfeeding 5 Benefits of Chia Seeds to Breastfeeding Moms
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
5 Ways To Make Small Spaces Extra Bright and AiryLet the light flow into your home with these ideas.
It's safe to say that every homeowner, regardless of style preference, aspires to have a sunny and well-ventilated home. This is especially true for tiny spaces that have limited room for fans, lamps, and gadgets that can help achieve the desired vibe. No need to worry, you can cop this vibrant look with just a few smart styling hacks—here are some of the best ones:
1. Steer clear of darker colors.
Although you can make black, gray and navy work in a small space, these hues tend to create a moody vibe which is the opposite of what you are going for. Stick to earthy colors like white, beige and cream as these tend to reflect light and make a space feel more open.
2. If you're set on using multiple hues, try color coding.
Avoid a potential messy display and give a little structure to your books, accessories or artwork by arranging them by color. This will make your space more streamlined and it gives the impression that it is neat all the time.
3. Skip elaborate window treatments.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Aside from using mirrors and reflective elements, you can create the illusion of a larger space by staying away from thick drapes and chunky frames that darken the room. You can also leave your windows open often to reveal the landscape outdoors and visually extend your home.
More from Smart Parenting
4. Invest in big pieces.
Who says you always need to use small furniture in a small space? Fewer, bigger-yet-prominent pieces tend to open up more floor space, helping you improve the flow of air in your home. It is also a much easier way to make a decor statement rather than setting up multiple vignettes.
5. Keep surfaces clear.
Styling miniature displays on tabletops is always fun, but it can also make a compact space look cramped and cluttered. An organized home can make a huge impact and would feel brighter without eyesores or distractions.
This story originally appeared on Realliving.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW