- Real Parenting Michael V. Asks Ogie Alcasid: 'Paano Maging Tatay Sa Mga Anak Na Dalawa Ang Nanay?'
- Baby Halos P25,000 Ang Matitipid Mo Kung Sa Health Center Mo Pababakunaan Si Baby
- News Araw Ng Kalayaan Pero Walang Kawala Sa Gawaing Bahay
- News Alwyn Uytingco Posts Message For Jennica Garcia: 'Mahal Na Mahal Kita'
Parang Bago! 6 Ways You Can Upgrade The Look Of Your Home Using WallpaperTake inspiration from these DIY ideas!by Cielo Anne Calzado .
If you’re a member of home improvement groups on Facebook (ahem, Home Buddies!), we’re sure you’ve seen a ton of posts featuring self-adhesive wallpapers and how you can make the most of each roll you buy. These days, you’re not limited to sticking it to a blank wall. From appliances and remote controls, to sockets and cabinets – you can use each roll to prettify and cover almost any surface.
Traditional wallpaper vs self-adhesive wallpaper
Traditional wallpapers, often used to cover bigger areas are more expensive compared to self-adhesive ones you can purchase online. Luxewalls.com.au explains that traditional wallpapers “doesn’t come prepared with adhesive and you have to mix your own paste to hang it.”
Meanwhile, self-adhesive ones, as its name suggests, can be likened to big stickers wherein you can “simply peel off the back and smooth onto the surface of the wall.” The latter is often used by those who love decorating and changing the look of their spaces every once in a while.
If you’re ready to work with self-adhesive wallpapers, here are ideas from Home Buddies worth saving as references for your next DIY project:
1. A revamped refADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If the ref is still running properly, you can refresh its look by choosing a color that resembles the shade of your appliance. Gray works best and you can even choose one with a pattern to give it an upgrade.
2. Seamless electrical switchesCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Wallpaper can conceal the switches and help you achieve a clean and seamless aesthetic.
3. Transformed cabinets
Wallpapers are great alternatives to cans of paint! You can use it to give your cabinet doors a makeover. Got extra rolls? Go ahead and cover containers and even planters.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. A brand-new looking table
Got a plastic work table in the kitchen? You can make it look brand-new or better yet, make it look like a wooden table with a sticker wallpaper with a wood-like design. Don’t forget to cover the legs as well — especially if the table has a striking color.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Defined spaces
In homes that follow an open layout, it’s a must to separate one area from another. You can use wallpaper to define your dining area from the living and kitchen areas. A solid color similar to the one seen above can make a statement.
6. Inviting home officeADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Since many of us are still working from home, having a space meant for working is important. Give the extra room in your house a mini makeover with an eye-catching wallpaper that can instantly change the look of the space. A wallpaper with an industrial-inspired design/print can help you create an “office” aesthetic.
How to Maintain Self-Adhesive Wallpapers
While self-adhesive wallpapers are quite affordable and easy to use, you need to make sure it can stand the test of time (until your next makeover/budol!) so you can maintain the look and feel you want.
- Prep the surface. Make sure the surface you're working on is clean and free from dirt before you stick the wallpaper.
- Avoid air bubbles during application. During application, spot air bubbles, press it to release the air trapped inside before smoothening out the surface.
- Keep it dust-free.
- Avoid getting the wallpaper wet.
- Always keep extra rolls at home. You’ll never know when you would need it so if possible, stock up on extra rolls of self-adhesive wallpaper. You can use it to replace damaged corners and to deal with scratches.
Want to share your #budgetperofancy home makeover and get featured? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your project. For more home improvement and renovation ideas, click here.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network