- Fitness & Nutrition How An Obese, Asthmatic Mom Dropped 52 Pounds In Two Months: ‘Now I Don’t Need My Inhaler’
- Money Do Piso Vouchers Save You Money? Mom Shares How She Uses It To Cut Grocery Expenses
- Your Health 8 Steps To Take In GERD Management Aside From Medication
- Real Parenting Okay Ba Na Paliguin Ang Bata Sa Ulan? Sagot Ng Mga Mommy At Eksperto
Want Fancy Labels For Your Kitchen Containers? This Mom Discovered An Easy HackYou can customize them to your liking!by Kitty Elicay .
These days, everyone seems to be obsessed with having a more comfortable and organized home. Apart from investing in small appliances that will make cooking easier, you can also start labeling your kitchen and food containers so that the whole family can quickly find whatever it is they need.
How to make your own pantry labels
There are online shops that offer customized decals, but you can easily make your own! On Facebook, mom Mae Ann Lucas, an event host and breastfeeding advocate from Davao del Norte, recently shared a simple hack she discovered from YouTube a few years ago. “I saw the video and found out it works so I shared it to my friends,” she tells SmartParenting.com.ph.
What we love about the hack is that you only need a laser printer, tape, and paper. Plain bond paper will do — no need for stickers! Here’s a step-by-step:
1. Print the words and make cutouts.
Mae emphasizes that you’ll need to use a laser printer for the labels to work. The labels won’t transfer if you use other types of printers.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Cover the cutout with adhesive tape.
3. Lightly scratch the printout.
4. Soak the labels in water for three to five minutes to loosen the paper.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
5. Once it’s completely soaked, lightly rub off the paper.
6. Let it dry.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
7. Stick it on your containers!
While you can also buy pantry labels on online shopping sites like Shopee — a quick search shows stickers cost around Php7 (for extra small stickers) to Php65 each — this hack is perfect if you love DIY and customizing your own stuff. And with this, you can label just about anything! As Missy says, “It’s inexpensive, easy, and very pretty.”
Want to organize your refrigerator? Click here for budget-friendly, mom-approved tips!
What other parents are reading
Don't Miss Out On These!
Trending in Summit Network