- Getting Pregnant Alamin Ang Mga Sintomas ng Pagbubuntis Maliban sa Pagsusuka
- Preschooler 'Spanking Actually Makes Children's Behavior Worse, Not Better'
- Your Kid’s Health Ang Kailangan Sa Bahay Para Iwas Electrocution Maliban Sa Power Plug Cover
- Home Family Transforms ‘Sampayan’ Into A Bali-Inspired Oasis With A Non-Inflatable Pool
Want Fancy Labels For Your Kitchen Containers? This Mom Discovered An Easy HackYou can customize them to your liking!by Kitty Elicay .
These days, everyone seems to be obsessed with having a more comfortable and organized home. Apart from investing in small appliances that will make cooking easier, you can also start labeling your kitchen and food containers so that the whole family can quickly find whatever it is they need.
How to make your own pantry labels
There are online shops that offer customized decals, but you can easily make your own! On Facebook, mom Mae Ann Lucas, an event host and breastfeeding advocate from Davao del Norte, recently shared a simple hack she discovered from YouTube a few years ago. “I saw the video and found out it works so I shared it to my friends,” she tells SmartParenting.com.ph.
What we love about the hack is that you only need a laser printer, tape, and paper. Plain bond paper will do — no need for stickers! Here’s a step-by-step:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Print the words and make cutouts.
Mae emphasizes that you’ll need to use a laser printer for the labels to work. The labels won’t transfer if you use other types of printers.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
2. Cover the cutout with adhesive tape.
3. Lightly scratch the printout.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Soak the labels in water for three to five minutes to loosen the paper.
5. Once it’s completely soaked, lightly rub off the paper.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. Let it dry.
7. Stick it on your containers!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
While you can also buy pantry labels on online shopping sites like Shopee — a quick search shows stickers cost around Php7 (for extra small stickers) to Php65 each — this hack is perfect if you love DIY and customizing your own stuff. And with this, you can label just about anything! As Missy says, “It’s inexpensive, easy, and very pretty.”
Want to organize your refrigerator? Click here for budget-friendly, mom-approved tips!
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network