embed embed2

Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!

Join Now
  • What kinds of medical or lab tests should we require our yayas or househelp undergo before accepting them?

    Important requirements for yaya and household help.
    by Tata Mapa .
To read this story in Tagalog, click here.
  • injection_CI.jpg 

    It is best to require a pre-employment medical exam for your incoming yayas or househelp especially if they will be taking care of very young kids. We should be as, if not more, careful in ensuring that they don’t have any illness/disease that can be passed on to our children. Her medical records are a primary factor on whether you should hire her or not.


    Have her undergo a regular physical exam to check for any existing infections or diseases that may be contagious: hepatitis, tuberculosis, or other respiratory infections. Request for complete blood testing or CBC, urinalysis, fecalysis, vital signs, and visual and dental screening to detect such communicable diseases.
    Psychological and drug testing should also be compulsory.


    Photo from wikimedia commons


    Do you require your yaya and/or household help to undergo a pre-employment medical exam? We'd love to know. Fill up the comment form below.

View More Stories About
Recommended Videos
View more articles