- Toddler Fine Motor Skills Are Essential For Learning: Checklist For 3 To 5 Years Old
- Wellness What Makes You Feel Like A 'Mean Mom'? This Mother Has An Answer
- Love & Relationships Best Excuse To Try New Sex Position: Avoid Missionary For Now To Prevent COVID-19!
- Preschooler Gamitin Ang DepEd Dropbox Enrollment System Kung Walang Internet O Computer
10 Inspirational Books for Solo MothersAre you a single mother who feels “burnt out” or just needs a dose of encouragement? Check out the books in our list.
Being a solo parent is definitely not without its challenges. Besides being responsible for one’s children, one also has to deal with “issues” like child support and custody rights, co-parenting with your child’s father, knowing when and how to apply for parental leave, finding a support group that can help you out and even (gasp!) getting back onto the dating field. No wonder solo moms get stressed out more easily than moms who have their kids’ dads by their side to share the parenting load!
(Read related stories: According to the Law: Is Parental Leave a Benefit on Top of Other Leaves?; The Challenges of being a Solo Parent; Single Moms And Weekend Dads: A Guide to Peaceful Co-Parenting; Gone Solo: 5 Support Groups and Resources for Solo Parents)
To help breathe some inspiration and encouragement into every single mom’s life, here are some books we recommend:
1. The Single Mother’s Survival GuideADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Author: Patrice Karst
Available in Paperback edition on Amazon.com
Patrice Karst is a single mother who shares her journey of self-discovery, while dispensing useful advice along the way. She writes about a wide range of topics that concern the single mother, and focuses on “triumphing in” rather than just “surviving” the journey. Her book includes many “survival checklists,” and is a rich source of practical wisdom and inspiration for the single mom.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Tony Evans Speaks Out on Single Parenting
Author: Tony Evans
Available in Kindle edition on Amazon.com
Dr. Tony Evans, a well-known pastor, teacher, author and speaker in the US, shows through his book that God has a “system” to ensure that one’s needs — even as a single parent — are met. In his book, Dr. Evans also enumerates the numerous places in the Bible that show God’s compassion for single parents.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW1 of 5 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network