- Your Health Infectious Disease Doctor Shares How To Protect Your Family If A COVID-19 Pandemic Happens
- Your Kid’s Health Is Your Child's Height and Weight Normal For His Age? What You Need To Know
- Getting Pregnant Could Women Get Pregnant From Swimming In Pools? What's True, What's Not
- Getting Pregnant Pregnant Mom Says She Was Not Allowed On A Plane After Airline Crew's 'Diagnosis'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
11 Things That Prove Kris Aquino Is Just Like Any MomBelieve it or not, Kris has her own moments of being a regular mom (just like you!)
You've probably seen the trailer of the star-studded movie All You Need is Pag-ibig that's set to premiere this Christmas Day. The star-studded cast includes Ian Veneracion, Jodi Sta. Maria, Kim Chiu, Xian Lim, Derek Ramsay, and Kris Aquino, among others. The movie tackles all kinds of love, inluding the love of a mother to her child (althought the trailer doesn't exactly tell us what role, or if indeed Kris is playing a mom in the movie).
However, the celebrity single momma (and presidential sister!) has always been in the public eye ever since she was a child. Kris is not new to the spotlight even if she has been figuring in the news for the not-so-stellar reasons. Underneath all of that is a woman who has been through the ups and downs of motherhood. And while her Instagram account if full of photos of her and her family enjoying the luxuries that come with her family name and status and her work perks, we found a few things that prove she's just like us--a regular mom!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Here's what we've gathered:
1. She does the dishes!
Yes, Kris Aquino does house chores. Washing the dishes, she says, is one of the household chores she finds relaxing.
2. Staying fit and healthy is a goal
Whenever we moms find the time, we do try to exercise because we all want to live a healthy life for our kids and to set an example for them, too. Kris is no different.
3. She, too has her "off" days
When Kris gets sick, the whole country knows about it. In not ime, though, expect her to be up and about again (because we moms are stubborn that way.)
4. Kris believes in the power of prayer
Her mom, the late former president Cory Aquino, raised Kris and the rest of her brood with a strong faith. We can relate in that often, most of us turn to prayer also.
5. Bedtime stories are a thing with her, too.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
You'll find that she often posts photos of her and her kids Josh and Bimby in bed because it's the most peaceful and sacred time for us moms? When she has time she reads to Bimby or catches up on her own bedtime reading.
6. She does "regaular mom" duties as well
When time permits, she gets to pick up her son Bimby from school....
...and also cooks for her kids. "I cooked lunch based on Kuya's request. Dinner tonight was my 12 minute recipe for Fettuccine Carbonara which was Bimb's request," she captioned this post.
7. She like to dress her sons in "matchy-matchy" clothes, like some of us do
They are not twins (obviously!) but Kris apparently likes to dress her sons in matching clothes, just like moms of twins often do.
When Bimby asked her, "Mama, why do you like for Kuya & me to always match?" She answered, "Because you're both so cute & it makes me happy." "Okay Mama, when you're happy, I'm the happiest," her bunso replied. We bet Josh doesn't mind, too.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
8. She loves blooms!
We moms are always filled with joy when our kids appreciate us. It doesn't take expensive gifts to melt our hearts; fresh beautiful flowers from our most precious ones is enough.
9. She's proud of her kids' achievements
10. She has a "family first" motto
Kris has always put importance in her family, especially her siblings and their families, and even her household staff.
11. She'll give anything for the two most important men in her life
That means Josh and Bimby. Because, again, family first. "Yes, sila ang bumubuo ng buhay, puso at pagkatao ko," she captioned this photo. Well said, Kris. Well, said.