- Toddler Pasaway Ba Talaga? 4 Times Your Kid's 'Bad' Behavior Isn't Actually Bad
- Love & Relationships Is Your Spouse Having An Affair? 7 Ways To Catch Him Cheating With Your Mobile Phone
- Toddler Nagsisinungaling Na? Paano Itama At Pigilan Ang Ganitong Ugali
- Real Parenting Wais Mom Bartered Old Items And Got A Play Tent, Slide, And Toy Car In Return!
7 Steps to Maintaining a Family-friendly Home BusinessIf you’ve decided to take an entrepreneurial leap of faith with your family, keep these seven steps in mind to choose the best home business suited to you.by Martine De Luna .
It takes real work and entrepreneurial savvy to set up a home business that works, and even more added effort when you have to manage your marriage and kids! Before you think about escaping “cubicle tyranny,” remember that running a home business alongside a family is not for the faint of heart. The good news is that, with the proper focus, motivation and discipline, a mom can successfully set up a business from home that works, and best of all, rewards.
Here are some steps to take in making sure your home business flies alongside your family.
1. Define your purpose.
In The Boss of You: Everything a Woman Needs to Know to Start, Run and Maintain Her Own Business, entrepreneurs Emira Meers and Lauren Bacon say: “In order to feel successful, you need to know what success means to you.” Yes, a home business might be a great idea. But if you really are intent on pursuing one, you have to have a clear, defined purpose for it and what will make it successful for you. This involves asking yourself some serious questions like:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Do I want to start a business so I can have more time with my family?
- Will starting a business help me contribute to the family income?
- Why do I want this business, money and financial gain aside?
- Is this business just for me, for my personal sense of accomplishment?
- Do I want to start this business so that I can change the world, in my little way?
… and other questions.
There are many reasons moms (or even dads) want to start a home-based business, though most are not clearly articulated. Even before mapping out a business plan, finding your true purpose for wanting a home-based business will help keep you motivated while you’re operating the business. Your defined purpose will help keep you going on days when your business seems bleak, and will re-orient your focus.
Click here to read more.1 of 5 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network