- Tweens & Teens Sumasagot Na? Moms Weigh In When Talking Back To Isn't Always A Bad Thing
- Money Grow Your Savings! 3 Digital Banks That Offer High Interest Rates
- Preschooler Mas Maganda Nga Ba? Ano Ang Blended Learning Approach At Paano Ito Gawin
- Home Homeschooling Room Ideas: Set Up Your Child For Success!
23 Days to Christmas!
Try this recipe for the favorite Noche Buena dish, chicken ham.by Gwen Jacinto-Carino .
- 1 whole dressed chicken
- ½ cup pineapple juice or an
- 8-ounce bottle of 7-Up
- ½ cup anisado wine
- 1 to 2 pieces laurel leaves, dried
- A small bunch of oregano
- 3 to 5 pieces clavo de comer (optional)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Clean chicken thoroughly, removing neck, feet, and remaining internal organs.
- Weigh chicken to know how much pumping pickle solution to inject. It should be ½ cup per 1 kilogram of meat. To make pumping pickle solution: Mix 2 cups water, ½ cup coarse salt, 1½ tablespoon reÞ ned sugar, and 2 teaspoons curing salt. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes; let cool.
- Place chicken on a tray. Pour pickle solution into a cooking or curing syringe. Inject pickle solution into chicken evenly, including the lean portions. Avoid pumping in air or bubbles as this may cause rancidity. Afterwards, massage chicken for 1 minute to distribute the pickle solution evenly.
- To make dry cure mixture (per kg of meat): Mix 2 tablespoons salt, 4 tablespoons sugar, ½ tablespoon phosphate, and ½ tablet ascorbic acid, pulverized (500 mg). Apply on all sides and inner portion of chicken. Let stand at room temperature for 8 to 10 hours. After, wash chicken thoroughly under running water to reduce saltiness. Drain then tie abaca twine around legs and wings.
- Place chicken in a pot together with pineapple juice, anisado wine, laurel leaves, and oregano. Cook over strong Þ re for 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Apply brown sugar evenly on all sides of chicken.s surface. Glaze chicken with a blowtorch. If you don.t have a blowtorch, roast chicken in oven until golden brown.
- Pack chicken in a carton and store in freezer.
Photography by Miguel Nacianceno
Last November, we gave you a Thank You gift every day. In December, we’re giving away 30 Santa’s Loot Bags full of exciting Christmas treats!
Not only are we going to help you count down to Christmas with a daily Holiday Tip, we will shower you with Christmas presents as well. Will you be one of the 30 winners? Click here to join.
Trending in Summit Network