News that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have welcomed their second child, a son, is all over the internet. However, everyone is still waiting for the celebrity couple to announce his name. They have however, strongly denied that it's going to be South (yeah, because North's brother should logically be named South, right?) as many predicted; some also suggested Yeezus, while Kim admitted she likes the name Easton.
As we wait for the new Kardashian-West baby's unique name (we're counting on it!), we give you the baby-name headliners this year.
1. When Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds announced that their daughter’s name is James
The baby-naming trend gives what should be a normal boy’s name a unique new life because it’s bestowed upon a girl. Others who followed suit: Keira Knightley's daughter is named Edie. Haylie Duff's daughter's name is Ryan Ava. Jack and Lisa Osbourne's daughter is called Andy Rose. On the other side of the gender-bender naming fence: Shakira and Gerard Pique's son is named Sasha (just like Chris Hemsworth named one of his twin sons last year) and Josey, Naya Rivera's son.
2. When Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel named their baby Silas Randall
Silas was the middle name of Timberlake's maternal grandmother. The family name as a first name trend is also catching on. Benedict Cumberbatch also named his little boy with a family middle name as a second name, Christopher Carlton. Let's also not forget Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross' daughter whom they named Jagger Snow.
3. When parents still named their kids “Poppy” (why?!) Back when Jamie Oliver named one of his kids Poppy Honey Rosie (check out what his other kids’ names are!) in 2002, we thought the name should have ended with her -- but alas! That didn’t happen. This year, American interior designer Nate Berkus named his daughter Poppy. Jenna Bush Hager also named her daughter Poppy Louise. (Again, why?!)
4. When rock star names became a hit
Jagger Snow isn't the only celebrity baby named after a rock star. Max Greenfield (The New Girl and American Horror Story Hotel) named his son Ozzie James, while Zoe Saldana’s twins are named Cy Aridio and Bowie Enzio. Last year, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s youngest son (before their split) was given the name Apollo Bowie Flynn.
5. When animal names became first names Zooey Decshanel named her daughter Elsie Otter, as in otter the animal. Actually, we find it rather cute. Another celebrity, TV host Kimora Lee Simmons named her son Wolfe Lee (Awwooooo!).
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. When nature names became big
We already have babies named Phoenix Sky (Criminal Minds actress A.J. Cook’s son), Summer Rain (Christina Aguilera’s daughter), and River Rose (Kelly Clarkson’s daughter). However, when Jurassic Park star Jeff Goldblum named his son Charlie Ocean, it still came as a shock to everyone.
Other noteworthy celebrity baby names of 2015 are:
Their Royal Highness Reign Aston (Kourney Kardashain's baby boy's name) continue the royalty baby name trend that’s been going on since Prince George was born. Just like Lil Kim’s daughter Royal Reign and Chris Brown’s daughter Royalty.
Places as Names
Vanessa and Nick Lachey named their daughter Brooklyn Elizabeth. There’s already a boy (more like young man!) named Brooklyn courtesy of Victoria and David Beckham, but it's also in line with naming babies after places, like Ashlee Simpson’s son Bronx Mowgli.
Points for Originality! Arlo Day for Leighton Meester and Adrian Brody’s daughter’s name (and no, they didn't name her after the dinosaur in Pixar's new movie). It’s probably tied with Rocket Zot, the name Sam Worthington (Clash of the Titans) gave his son. And who can forget Saint Lazslo, Fall Out Boy rocker Pete Wentz’s son whom he welcomed last year?
Most-popular this year This nautical-inspired name first got attention in 1998 when model Christie Brinkley named her daughter Sailor. This year, Liv tyler named her son Sailor Gene (yes, it's a unisex name now!), while fomer The Hills star. Kristin Cavallari named her daughter Saylor James. Bristol Palin revealed that her yet-to-be born baby girl's name is Sailor, too!
That said, what do you think will be the name of Kim and Kanye's son?