- Home 10 Best Parenting Advice Na Magbabago Sa Buhay Mo Bilang Magulang
- Preschooler Sensory Play Keeps Your Tots Engaged At Home! 3 Mom-Recommended Activities To Try
- Baby How Seeing Your Baby Smile Makes You Want To Care For Her More
- Getting Pregnant Do You Experience Pain When You're Ovulating? Here's What You Need To Know
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Behind-the-Scenes from Smart Parenting’s November 2010 Cover Shoot with Christine Bersola-BabaoCheck out snapshots, trivia and firsthand parenting advice from Smart Parenting magazine’s cover shoot with multi-talented mom Christine Bersola-Babao.
Christine Bersola-Babao arrives at Gymboree, PowerPlant Mall, all made up and all smiles with her adorable baby boy Antonio and some assistants. There’s an energetic vibe in the air with her outgoing personality and engaging demeanor.
Antonio is the epitome of a happy, healthy baby as he constantly breaks into smile and gamely interacts with everyone at the shoot. As we wait for the photographers Stan Ong and Sofia Genato to set up the equipment, I traipse into the makeshift holding area where I get to chat with his yaya. I learn that his favorite baby food is made up of either spinach, carrots or squash.
The shoot begins and everybody’s in a flurry of action but in a relaxed mood. Tintin’s assistants are actively making Antonio smile with a variety of bright toys and noisemakers. They have a song that they keep singing to make Antonio laugh. “Tayo’y yumuko! Tayo’y tumayo!”
In between layouts, Tintin shows everybody a beaded bracelet and a prayer card for devotees to Saint Pio Pietrelcina Capuchin, whom she devoted a novena to so that she could conceive another baby after her firstborn, Antonia.
Here are some memorable quotable quotes and trivia from Tintin during the shoot:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- “A mirror is a mom’s best friend” while checking out her makeup in between takes.
- “Laway alert!” every time baby Antonio would drool. That’s why he had so many bibs.
- The Babaos are fond of creating family traditions. For instance, every December, Tintin together with her husband Julius Babao and their kids go to Disneyland Hong Kong and have a photo taken with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. It’s their way of celebrating the changes brought by the year, in contrast to the non-aging Disney characters. Every Earth Day, they also plant a tree to help save the environment.
Click here to read firsthand parenting advice from Tintin Bersola-Babao and check out the image gallery below for a sneak peek during the cover shoot.
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery1 of 2 NEXT