- Family Fun Pasyalan Time! 4 Fab Farms To Visit Because Nature Is The Best Playground
- Your Kid’s Health Measles May Cause 'Immune Amnesia' And Put Kids At Risk Of Catching Other Infections
- Beauty Hairfall Solutions Na Subok Na Ng Mga Nanay
- Money Homebased Jobs: Parents Who Left Their Jobs To Work At Home Say 'No Regrets'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Behind-the-scenes with Lucy Torres-Gomez and Juliana
We give you a behind-the-scenes exclusive of our Smart Parenting Magazine December 2009 cover shoot!
Smart Parenting magazine editor-in-chief Mia Fausto-Cruz sat down with the radiant Lucy Torres-Gomez to discuss Lucy’s thoughts and stories on marriage, parenting and celebrating the holidays. Here are a few of Lucy’s nuggets of wisdom:
On her parenting style:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- “When I think of my parenting style, it pops out when the situation calls for it. I don’t sit down and foresee na ‘when this happens this is what I’ll do’. I’d deal with it when it’s there na lang,”
- “I learned, in terms of parenting, that I shouldn’t impose my dreams on Juliana. I want her to be the person that God designed her to be.”
Her wish for Juliana:
- “If I could make [Juliana’s] life less complicated; eliminating some of those little fears, I’d be so happy.”
Her wish for herself:
- “I wish I could dance everyday. I don’t have the time to dance as often as I want to.”
On nurturing her marriage:
- “You have to nurture the romance with the husband. Part of that is taking care of yourself.”
On New Year’s resolutions:
- “I really don’t have resolutions. I just always have a wish list at the start of the New Year, not just one thing. It’s a series of things that I would want to do within a year, whether it’s something big or something small. I don’t give myself a deadline. I’m fluid.”
On Christmas:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- “I really love Christmas! It’s one of my favorite seasons. It’s really the flurry of activities that comes with Christmas, like all the wrapping. I love wrapping kasi talaga.”
FUN FACTS & TRIVIA:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The date: Our photo shoot was taken on the fateful day that Pacquiao beat Cotto after 12 rounds, November 15.
- On Pepe Smith: Lucy saw the photo of Pepe Smith taken by Wyg Tysmans gracing one of the studio walls and exclaimed, “Si Pepe Smith ba ‘yan?!” When we answer in the positive, she recalls, chuckling, “He was a guest on our show [Shall We Dance] once. He was drunk! But he was such a professional when the show started!”
- Mother-Daughter moment: Mommy Lucy stroking Juliana’s long, fine hair in between takes.
- The music playing during the photo shoot when Lucy started to bob to the beat: “I’m Still In Love With You” by Joe Gibbs, online Roots Reggae Channel
- Food Talk: Lucy claims, “I’ve never eaten in Pepper Lunch!” And everyone tells her to try it at least once.
- Bonding Activity on set: Lucy and Juliana play the “No Blinking” game. This helps gets Juliana relaxed and it’s the perfect activity for a photo shoot!
Photography by Stephanie F. Esguerra