- Real Parenting Andi Eigenmann First Thought She And Philmar Would Have Issues About Parenting Styles
- Real Parenting ‘Drum-Drum Ang Iniyak’ Ni Amy Perez Nang Magpaalam Ang Anak Para Bumukod
- Wellness Looking For A K-Drama To Watch For Your Next Me-Time? Check Out These Award-Winning Titles
- News UPDATE: Philippine Red Cross Clarifies It Is Not Selling Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
DepEd: 'Kinder, Grades 1, 7, And 11 Need To Pre-Register For SY 2021-2022 Starting March 26'All the other grade levels no longer need to participate in the early registration.by Ana Gonzales .
The registration will start on March 26 and end on April 30. "All incoming kindergarten, grades 1, 7 and 11 in public elementary and secondary schools shall pre-register," said Secretary Leonor Magtolis-Briones.
Students in grades 2 to 6, 8 to 10, and 12 are already considered registered and will no longer need to participate.
Briones said the early registration will allow DepEd to prepare better and make necessary adjustments and plans for the coming school year. It will also help the agency anticipate the number of enrollees.
Registering early will also help the department locate, identify, and register out-of-school youths and children:
- living with disabilities
- living in an off-grid community
- living in a barangay without a school
- living in a geographically isolated area
- living in an area with a high crime rate
The early registration can also help identify children with a chronic illness, kids with nutritional problems, and victims of child abuse.
Early registration is mandatory for all public schools. Meanwhile, private schools are not obliged to have enrollees register early, but they are mandated to strictly implement the kindergarten cut-off age pursuant to DepEd Order no. 20.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
"The conduct of early registration shall be done remotely in areas under general community quarantine (GCQ)," Briones said. "In-person registration through parents or guardians may be allowed in areas under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ)," she added.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network