- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler Parusa, Pagsigaw: Maling Gawain Sa Pagdisiplina Na Puwedeng Maiwasan, Ayon Sa Expert
- Breastfeeding 'It's Not Just Sitting Down And Feeding The Baby': A Mom Shares The Challenges Of Breastfeeding
- News You Can Buy A Blank Ticket For P99, Thanks To Cebu Pacific's Book Now, Decide Later
Kylie Padilla Is Battling Perinatal DepressionThe actress reveals feeling a lot different now than in her first pregnancyby Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
Kylie Padilla, who recently confirmed rumors that she is pregnant with her second child, revealed that she had been battling perinatal depression, a condition that can occur from the time the mom becomes pregnant until the child turns 1.
“Eto, hindi ko siya naintindihan, bigla na lang nagba-blank ako tapos lumala ‘yong anxiety ko so kaya akala namin girl.”
The actress told GMA’s 24 Oras that this pregnancy is a lot different than her first. She recalled that when she was pregnant with Alas, she was always in a jolly mood, and that the depression set in only after her son was born.
According to Healthline, among the symptoms of perinatal depression are:
- frequent crying or weepiness
- fatigue or low energy
- loss of enjoyment in once pleasurable activities
- increased anxiety
- trouble feeling connected to your developing baby (or poor fetal attachment)
What other parents are reading
Kylie attributes her being emotional to her pregnancy, and feels the need to be more introspective this time. “Parang kailangan ko pa hanapin sarili ko in this one, parang ‘yon ‘yong journey ko ngayon. Sino ba talaga si Kylie?” she says.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
To manage the symptoms of perinatal depression, Kylie keeps herself busy with projects that are close to her heart, like writing and painting.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Having a strong support system in her family members has also been instrumental in helping Kylie cope with perinatal depression. Her husband, actor Aljur Abrenica, has been a source of comfort for the pregnant actress.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
She recalls a particular conversation with Aljur when she expressed feeling self-conscious about gaining weight because of her pregnancy.
In an Instagram post, Kylie posted a photo of herself with her growing bump and captioned it, “The other day I said, ‘Mahal, what do you think when I grow rounder and bigger. Because I feel so bloated.’ He says, ‘Ano ka ba, you’re making an angel. That’s the most beautiful thing in the world.’ He holds my bump and kisses it.”
It is times like these that endear Aljur to her all the more. “I think...mas nag-grow ‘yong love ko sa kanya,” she says of her husband.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The pregnant actress also shared that she has become more clingy to Aljur who, by the way, got pranked by Kylie a month before they confirmed the pregnancy. What was supposed to be an April Fool’s joke she prepared for Aljur had backfired.
“Kumuha ako ng pregnancy test, sinulatan ko ng red. Nasa CR ako kunwari. Sabi ko, ‘Mahal! Tignan mo!’ Tapos sabi niya, ‘Weh hindi naman totoo ‘yan, ballpen ‘yan o.’”
However, her period never came that month. “Sabi ko, ‘Oh my God totoo na yata ito.’ Hintay ako five days.” Until she had to tell Aljur the truth—“Mahal, ako ‘yong na-prank kasi buntis ako. Doon ko nalaman, April Fool’s Day. Bumalik sa akin ‘yong prank ko.”
Don't be afraid to reach out if you are feeling anxious, helpless, or despondent. If you need someone to talk to:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Crisis Line +632-893-7603 / +63-917-800-1123 / +63 917-123-4567 / +63-922-893-8944
- Manila Lifeline Center at +632-896-9191 / +63-917-854-9191
- Department of Health's 24-hour suicide prevention hotline Hopeline +632-804-4637 / +63-917-558-4673 and 2919 for Globe and TM subscribers
- You can also join SOS Philippines on Facebook, a support group founded for survivors of suicide loss and Filipinos undergoing mental health ailments like depression and bipolar disorder.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network