- Real Parenting Michael V. Asks Ogie Alcasid: 'Paano Maging Tatay Sa Mga Anak Na Dalawa Ang Nanay?'
- Toddler Tantrums Don’t Mean You Have ‘Bad’ Kids. 5 Ways To Discipline Without The Guilt
- Inspiration SPED Teacher Uses Own Money To Transform A Storage Room Into A Classroom For His Students
- Home Heavy-Duty Mini Generators That Can Charge All Your Devices
Letter Writing and Stamp Collecting to be Institutionalized in SchoolsAims to develop students' writing skills
The Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost), the Department of Education (DepEd) and the Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino (KWF) have signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) to institutionalize letter writing in schools.
The project was developed in order to help hone the writing skills of students across the country in both the grade school and high school levels.
Based on the MOA, DepEd will be issuing a memorandum and advisory that there will be PHLPost undertakings such as the Universal Postal Union (UPU) Letter Writing Competition, conducted annually; the Nationwide Letter Writing Project; as well as student stamp clubs in all levels.
DepEd will also be pushing that both letter writing and stamp collecting be incorporated in the K-12 curriculum.
Related story: A Primer on the New K-12 Philippine Education Curriculum
KWF will urge President Noynoy Aquino to approve the move for a “National Letter Writing Day”. The said day would promote the use of the Filipino language, under the theme “Salamat Po”, with the objective of promoting the values of gratitude and optimism.
On the same day of the MOA signing, PHLPost also awarded the top three winners in their 43rd UPU International Letter Writing Competition for Young People, namely PAREF Woodrose School’s Ashley Nicole Quirino Abalos for first prize, Yeong Seo Tiffany Jeon for second prize, and Elizabeth Seton School’s Frances Julianne Baluyot Sinoc for third prize.
• March 26, 2014. “PHLpost enters Memorandum of Agreement with DEPED and Komisyon ng Wikang Filipino to institutionalized Letter Writing in Schools” renz15.wordpress.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• March 27, 2014. “PHLpost, DepEd, KWF ink MOA to institutionalize letter writing in schools” news.pia.gov.ph
Photo from elizabethstreet.comCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network