- Preschooler Preschool Teachers Reveal 7 Discipline Hacks to Get Kids to Behave
- Love & Relationships An Engineer And Tricycle Driver Marry Against All Odds: 'Hindi Niya Ako Insurance Plan'
- Baby NEED! 4 Clever Baby Products That Will Make Mom's Life Easier
- News Annabelle Rama's Marriage Advice To Sarah Lahbati: Stop Being Jealous
Parents for Medical Marijuana: A Growing MovementMoms, dads and experts speak about cannabis’s many life-saving medical uses.
On November 6, 2012, Amendment 64 to the Colorado Marijuana Legislation Initiative in the United States was approved, allowing recreational use of the plant by persons aged 21 and above. Thus, since marijuana stores legally opened in the state on January 1, 2014, a collective sales profit of more than five million US dollars has been reported.
In the Philippines, despite a proposal to have marijuana legalized – even for medical use -- , the government has been firm with its statement that marijuana will remain an illegal drug, to the dismay of parents whose children are suffering from serious health conditions. We sought the opinion of experts on the matter.
“One of the biggest misconceptions about marijuana is that it has no health benefits,” says Dr. Natasha Balbas, an alternative health specialist who has experience working with children with neurodevelopmental disorders using a natural, non-invasive approach. She elaborates on some of medical cannabis’s major pharmacologic properties:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• “Analgesia, or pain-relief, which is extremely helpful for those living with pain everyday from things like severe arthritis, cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, even excruciating migraines
• “Orexigenic (an appetite stimulant), which would benefit patients suffering from muscle-wasting disease like muscular dystrophy, AIDS, cystic fibrosis, anorexia, and some cancers
• “Antiemetic, meaning that it helps to nausea and vomiting, whether it be from cancer chemotherapy, motion sickness, or pregnancy “morning sickness”CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
• “Antispasmodic, helping to control muscular movements of patients with neurologic disorders like dystonia, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Epilepsy, Tourette's Syndrome, or spinal cord injuries1 of 4 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network