1. Beauty queen Shamcey Supsup praying for a safe pregnancy
2011 Ms. Universe third runner-up Shamcey Supsup is expecting her first child with husband Lloyd Lee. Shamcey is currently seven weeks pregnant after a year and a half of being married. Lloyd said, “Hindi kami nahirapan, When we asked for it, binigay ni Lord.” Shamcey is set to give birth next year. The baby will be the first grandchild for both Shamcey and Lloyd's families. Congratulations! (pep.ph)
2. Breast milk is not a super food for adults We all know the numerous benefits of breast milk to babies, but unfortunately it does not do the same for grownups. British specialists at the Global Health and Policy Unit at Queen Mary University of London said there was little evidence to support claims that breast milk is a super food that can boost health and fitness or give protection against disease among adults. Nutritionally, breast milk has lower protein content than other milk like cow’s milk. It could be potentially hazardous if breast milk is used to replace a healthy balanced diet. The report was published in the Journal of Royal Society Medicine. (huffingtonpost.com)
3. Are you ready for “Kung Fu Panda 3”? The recent installment of “Kung Fu Panda” promised us a reunion of the dragon warrior Po and his long lost parents (note: not noodle dad), and the first trailer of Dreamworks’ “Kung Fu Panda 3” delivers. Po, voiced by Jack Black, meets an older panda, voiced by “Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston, who lost his son years ago. The movie, which will hit theaters in January 2016, also features the voices of Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen, and newcomers J.K. Simmons and Rebel Wilson. (variety.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. “Pretty Little Liars” star ties the knot Vanessa Ray, who plays the mysterious CeCe Drake in the TV show “Pretty Little Liars,” married her musician boyfriend Landon Beard on Sunday, June 14, at the Condor Nest Ranch in Pala, California. The intimate ceremony was picture perfect and it looked like it was right off a Pinterest board. The newlyweds have been dating for six years, before they got engaged in March this year. Congratulations! (peoplestylewatch.com)
5. New trailer for “Hotel Transylvania 2” out The new trailer shows Dracula trying very hard to keep his family together in the most adorable way: by teaching his half-vampire grandson how to be a real monster, before his daughter Mavis moves to a place where it’s more safe for the little tot. The movie features the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomes, Andy Samberg, Steve Buscemi, Keegan-Michael Key, David Spade, Mel Brooks, and Kevin James. “Hotel Transylvania 2” will premiere in theaters on September 25. (ew.com)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.