This article had been updated (as of 3:55 p.m.) to include James Yap's Instagram post on his new baby's arrival.
1. James Yap's girlfriend Michela Cazzola gives birth to a baby boy!
It's a boy! The pro basketball player confirmed the news to ABS-CBN's Ginger Conejero. Michela gave birth last Monday, August 8, at St. Luke's Medical Center in Bonifacio Global City. James had been by Michela's side for two nights at the hospital as they waited for their baby boy, whom they chose to name Michael James. James is excited to introduce the baby to his siblings, James' two children from previous relationships, including Bimby, his son with actress and TV host Kris Aquino. Congratulations! (pep.ph)
UPDATE: James Yap just shared the very first photo of his new son! His Instagram photo shows him, Michela, and Baby Michael James inside the delivery room. "Thank you Lord both of them are safe," he wrote as caption.
2. Fille Cainglet and Lino Cayetano are parents a second time
Meanwhile, it's a girl for the director and his wife, who was also born last Monday, August 8. Lino announced the birth on Instagram with a photo that showed him and his 2-year-old son Ino Philip looking at the family's new bundle of joy. "We did it @fillecainglet_15!! Welcome to the world Fille Renee Cayetano," Lino wrote as caption. Fille reposted the same photo on her own Instagram with the caption, "August 8, 2016 Life is complete! Hello Fille Renee Cainglet Cayetano! Welcome to the world! We love you!" Congratulations! (pep.ph)
3. Tanya Garcia and Mark Lapid welcome third child!
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
August 8 seemed to be an auspicious date for giving birth because Mark and Tanya also welcomed their third daughter on the said day. The former Pampanga governor posted an Instagram photo of him carrying his new baby daughter Madeleine with his wife Tanya. "Thank you very much Lord for a successful operation of my wife and thank you for giving me another angel… Madeleine!!" he wrote as caption. Tanya commented on the photo with a sweet, "I love you both @marklapid." Mark replied, "We love you too mom @tankeelyttlelapid." The two are already parents to two older girls, Mischa Amidala, 9, and Matilda Anika, 5. Congratulations! (pep.ph)
4. Donita Rose to take a break from showbiz After admitting she and husband Eric Villarama had parted ways, Donita says she's taking time out to heal. When one of her fans asked her when she'll have a new show via Instagram, she replied, “Not sure. For now, am taking a break from the biz to recover from a broken heart and heal with my son." In another response to a fan's kind words, she wrote, "God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called to his purposes. I believe that and am now looking forward with only happiness in my heart." It can be recalled that Donita was shocked when her estranged husband Eric posted a photo of him with another girl although she admitted they were separated. (pep.ph)
5. Jamie Oliver welcomes fifth child!
And then this just happened guys !! IT'S A BABY BOY ! Everyone in the Oliver family is very surprised & beyond happy pic.twitter.com/EPhzhPZ5R3
The British celebrity chef and his wife Jools now have a brood of five! The couple just welcomed the new addition to the family, another baby boy. Jamie announced the new baby's arrival via Twitter. On Instagram, he shared that the baby boy arrived safely and that Jools "was really really amazing, unbelievably composed" while having a natural birth. "My two eldest girls got to come in at the very end [to cut the baby's cord, according to Jools Instagram post] as the baby was born, which was amazing to witness, very, very emotional," he added. The new baby boy joins his big sisters Poppy Honey Rosie, 14, Daisy Boo Pamela, 13, Petal Blossom Rainbow, 7, and big brother Buddy Bear Maurice, 5. Wonder what the new baby's name will be? Congratulations! (people.com)