1. Mariel Rodriguez asking for prayers to overcome breastfeeding challenges
The new mom posted over the weekend her first photo of Baby Isabella since she gave birth to her on November 14, although it doesn't fully show the little one's face. "I love you so much my angel Isabella. The kind of love I never knew existed," Mariel captioned her Instagram post. Her husband Robin Padilla shared that she's battling breastfeeding issues. "I don't have enough milk and she's hungry," a crying Mariel said on Robin's Instagram video, adding that she had to supplement with organic formula. However, another photo Robin posted showed Mariel and Baby Isabella's successful nursing session. "I just fed her now. All boobs no formula! She did not complain. She was satisfied and is now sleeping on my chest! I'm really starting to have enough milk and I won’t need the formula," he wrote on the caption, quoting his wife. Mariel also asked for continued prayers for more milk. (pep.ph)
2. Look: first photos of Cai Cortez's unborn child
It's going to be a baby boy for Cai Cortez and husband Wissem Rkhami. She posted a 3D ultrasound photo of the baby in her tummy, side by side with her and her husband's baby photos. "Hi baby boy! Who do you look like? Mama or Papa?" she wrote on the caption. Based on her Instagram posts, it looks like she also had a baby shower recently, although she shared no details except for a photo of the cake, which was inspired by the Stay Put Marshmallow Man from the Ghostbusters movie franchise. The baby shower cupcakes had little footprints on top made from red and blue icing. So cute!
3. In photos: Juris Fernandez's maternity shoot for second pregnancy
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
"Loved all the photos sent to me by sweet Charisse of Nice Print Photography kaya si mister na pinapili ko which one to post," she captioned one of her maternity photos. "Thank you so much for capturing my 2nd pregnancy and making it as special as my 1st," Juris added. The singer announced last September that she and her husband, IT executive Gavin Lim, are expecting their second child. The two are already parents to son Giddy who just turned one last August. Juris made the announcement via a photo of Giddy holding an ultrasound photo in time for Gavin's birthday, too.
4. Watch: Janella Salvador's rendition of Moana theme song + new movie clip
"Ride the waves with Janella Salvador's rendition of the original song 'How Far I'll Go' from Disney’s new upcoming movie Moana," the caption read on Walt Disney Studios Philippines' Facebook video. Disney selected young talents from Asian countries to sing the movie's theme song, and it's Janella who was the chosen to sing it for the Filipino audience. Moana tells the story of a young girl's mission to save her people, with the help of the demigod, so she braves the open ocean to find help, and on the way also discovers her own identity. Moana will open in local theaters on November 30.
5. WHO declares end of Zika emergency threat But the agency emphasizes that there's still more to be done to fight the virus that is currently linked to microcephaly and other neurological disorders in newborns born to infected mothers. "We are not downgrading the importance of Zika, by placing this as a longer programme of work, we are sending the message that Zika is here to stay," Dr. Peter Salama, executive director of the World Health Organization (WHO) Health Emergencies Programme, said in a news briefing. Zika was declared a public health emergency of international concern back in February because, aside from microcephaly, it could also possibly cause rare adult-onset neurological problems such as Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which can result in paralysis and even death. The WHO maintains that there are still a lot of unknowns in the battle against Zika, which has been detected in 73 countries worldwide. There are two anti-Zika vaccines currently in development, but at the moment, there is still no cure for it. (rappler.com)