1. Judy Ann launches cookbook, opens up about preggy challenges
At the launch of her new cookbook “Judy Ann’s Kitchen.” actress Judy Ann Santos, who is 10 weeks pregnant with her third child, said her pregnancy feels heavier this time. "Mas tamad na tamad lang ako ngayon. Ayoko kumilos. Kain ako nang kain. Tapos tulog ako nang tulog". But she said she’s enjoying every bit as everyone is so supportive of her. Also anticipating the coming of the new baby are her kids Yohan, who excited to be an ate again, and Lucho, who loves to caress Judy Ann’s tummy. (abs-cbnnews.com)
2. Lego says no to plastic! The toy company announced this week that it plans to invest $150 million over the next 15 years in a program, which will develop new sustainable materials and eventually replace the current plastic toy bricks that they produce. This move is in line with the company’s mission to leave a positive impact on the planet for their future customers: the younger generation. It also plans to make its packaging more environment-friendly. (huffingtonpost.com)
3. Empress Schuck shares baby’s ultrasound video
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
After sharing a snapshot of her unborn baby, actress Empress Schuck, who is five months on the family way, shared a video of her “angel.” She captioned the Instagram video she posted: “The angel is yawning!!! Sorry, we couldn’t contain our happiness.” The soon-to-be mom was referring to her and partner Vino Guingona’s very candid and sweet reaction to seeing their little bundle of joy. (abs-cbnnews.com)
4. Ohio Senate passes abortion ban The Ohio Senate passed a bill on Wednesday, June 24, that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of gestation. Fourteen U.S. states already have the 20-week abortion ban law, according to abortion rights advocacy group NARAL. Supporters of the bill presented evidence that fetuses can feel pain as early as seven and a half weeks. It’s certainly a small step, as most pregnancies that are aborted happen before 21 weeks gestation, so it would only affect about one percent of pregnancies in the U.S. (huffingtonpost.com)
5. Assunta de Rossi wants kids after hubby’s congressional term ends Actress Assunta de Rossi-Ledesma is eager to have kids once her husband, Congressman Jules Ledesma of Negros Occidental, retires from politics next year. She said responsibilities and obligations always get in the way, but after 13 years of being married, Assunta is still positive that her wish for a baby will be granted once her husband ends his term. Jules has two grown-up kids with his late wife Marivi. (pep.ph)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.