1. Victoria's Secret model breastfeeds at Vogue photo shoot
Victoria's Secret Angel, Doutzen Kroes, shared a gorgeous breastfeeding photo last week on her Instagram account that breastfeeding advocates will cheer for. The Dutch model, who appears on the March 2015 cover of Vogue Netherlands with her kids, is shown with her husband DJ Sunnery James, son Phyllon, 4, while breastfeeding daughter Myllena, 5 months. What a beautiful portrait! (huffingtonpost.com)
2. Hi-5 Philippines in the works TV5 recently formalized its partnership with Hi-5. The deal not only fortifies the network’s children’s programming by showing the Australian children’s show, but also gives license to produce a local version of the well-loved TV show. Former Batibot main cast Sienna “Ate Sienna” Olaso is involved in the project. The search for the Hi-5 Philippines hosts is now underway. (interaksyon.com)
3. Photographer snaps photos of babies seconds after they’re born Christian Berthlot takes pictures of infants seconds after they were born via a C-section, called his “Cesar” series. The photos show raw images of babies after childbirth—blood and all. Christian said he was inspired to shoot the series after witnessing the birth of his own son. “He was like a warrior who has just won his first battle, like an angel out of darkness,” he said. (boredpanda.com)
4. No alcohol at all in the first trimester if you’re pregnant The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RCOG) in the U.K. recently updated its guidelines on alcohol intake for pregnant women. It now recommends absolutely no alcohol for women who would like to conceive and for pregnant women, especially during the first three months. Previously, it allowed a couple of glasses of wine a week. The ROCG emphasizes that no amount of alcohol can be considered safe for a pregnant woman, and the only way to be certain is to avoid alcohol altogether. (bbc.com)
5. Former "7th Heaven" star gives birth to son Actress Beverly Mitchell and husband Michael Cameron welcomed their second child, son Hutton Michael Cameron, on Wednesday, January 28. She announced her son’s arrival on social media just last Tuesday, February 10, and thanked everyone for all the love and best wishes. The couple are already parents to daughter Kenzie, 22 months. Congratulations! (people.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.