- Your Health Infectious Disease Doctor Shares How To Protect Your Family If A COVID-19 Pandemic Happens
- Your Kid’s Health Is Your Child's Height and Weight Normal For His Age? What You Need To Know
- Getting Pregnant Could Women Get Pregnant From Swimming In Pools? What's True, What's Not
- Getting Pregnant Pregnant Mom Says She Was Not Allowed On A Plane After Airline Crew's 'Diagnosis'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
What Moms Like Jinkee Pacquiao Can Do When Dealing With A Potential AffairStaff writer Steph Esguerra gives you the scoop on: what SP moms are saying about the Jinkee vs. Krista issue, how the Family Code can work for moms like Jinkee and some tips on how moms can help the kids cope with the situation.
What SP Moms Are Saying:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- “Marami ka nga pera,[pero kung] hindi naman ok ang pamilya, wala rin. (You may have lots of money, but if your family’s not doing okay, it’s no use.)” -- MommyRed
- “Kung totoo man, nakakadepress (If the rumors are true, it is so depressing) to see a marriage deteriorate just because of another woman. Dapat paghandaan ang future ng kids in case hindi maging maganda ang outcome ng marriage nila ni Manny. (She should prepare for the kids’ future in case their marriage falls apart.)” - Sexymomma
- “She [Jinkee] should know her rights as the legal wife.” – Aedens Mom
How The Family Code Can Work For Jinkee And Other Moms Dealing With A Potential Affair:
- File a petition for legal separation based on the “sexual infidelity” of her spouse.
- According to Article 213 of the Family Code, Jinkee can have custody of her kids, so long as they are below seven years old.
- In case of legal separation, the court may order the spouse found guilty (in this case, Manny) to give support to Jinkee (the innocent spouse). Support is defined as “everything indispensable for sustenance, dwelling, clothing, medical attendance, education and transportation, in keeping with the financial capacity of the family.”
Tips On How Moms Like Jinkee Should Talk To Their Kids About An Affair:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Never badmouth the other parent having the affair. While it is important that your kids are aware of the affair, remember that you are still talking about their father.
- Give them the facts and never force them to take sides. No matter how old your kids may be, they deserve to know what is happening. Respect their feelings and give them the freedom to decide for themselves what they think about the matter.
- Remind them just how much both you and your partner love them, despite the affair. This will help put to rest any fears your kids have that Daddy doesn’t care about them anymore because he doesn’t love Mommy as much as before. It is also important to emphasize that the affair is not their fault and has nothing to do with them. Let them know that they can still turn to both Mommy or Daddy for anything they may need or want.
SOURCES:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manny Pacquiao and Krista Ranillo love affair
- The Family Code of the Philippines
- Should You Tell Your Children About the Extramarital Affair in Your Marriage?
File photo from pep.ph