- Your Kid’s Health PH Doctors Release Vaccination Guidelines to Protect Children From Polio Outbreak
- Travel No Beach, No Problem! 10 Resorts in Laguna for a Unique Vacation Experience
- Fashion 10 Chic and Roomy HandbagsThat Can Hold All Your Mommy Essentials, Starting at P385
- Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Symptoms Week 10: Nagsisimula Nang Mapansin ang Baby Bump Mo
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Athens? Maldives? Where to Find These Places and More in PHDiscover the places that resemble the world's top destinations right here in the Philippines.
Who does not want to go globe-trotting? The only thing that's stopping most of us is money and time (and more money). But your dreams of hopping on a plane to escape the daily grind can still come true as long as you stick to our beautiful tropical country. Yes, there are places in the Philippines that closely resemble some international destinations! We've listed below some of these impressive local alternatives below, which may just fit our smaller budgets.
1. Maldives? Go to Manjuyod Sandbar in Negros Oriental
The Manjuyod Sandbar in Bais, Negros Oriental, is every bit a paradise as the tropical country in the Indian Ocean. With its white sand, azure waters, and cottages on stilts, you'll easily feel like you're vacationing in one of the most sought-after beach destinations in Asia. To get there, hop on a plane to Dumaguete City and find the peace and serenity you're looking for in this unspoiled haven.
2. Athens, Greece? Go to Fortune Island in Nasugbu, BatangasADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
To witness the grandeur of Athens' Parthenon, you need to travel by plane at least two or even three times. But what if we told you that just a few hours' road trip and a boat ride are all you need to see a magnificent structure that resembles one of Greece's most renowned ancient ruins? Fortune Island in Nasugbu, Batangas, is becoming a favorite weekend getaway because of its unique Grecian architecture that comes straight from the pages of an epic about Greek mythology.
More from Smart Parenting
3. Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? Go to Santuario de Redentor in Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City
Brazil's most famous landmark is undoubtedly the 38-meter tall statue of Christ the Redeemer. Cagayan de Oro happens to have its own version of this magnificent structure, albeit not as tall as the original. You can find the Shrine of the Redeemer at Golden Haven Memorial Park in Bulua.
4. Rolling hills in New Zealand? Go to Batanes!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
With sprawling green landscapes and an amazing coastline, Batanes can easily be mistaken for New Zealand. Even if it is frequently visited by storms, the northernmost province in the country is the perfect place if you want to feast your eyes on dazzling pasturelands and quaint stone houses. It has an abundance of hills that will remind you of scenes from The Lord of the Rings. And just like New Zealand, you’ll spot some cows grazing on the green grass everywhere.
So, what are you waiting for? Plan your next couple of family adventure now!
Read the full article "7 International Destinations That Can Be Found in the Philippines" here.
This story originally appeared on TravelBook.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.