- Real Parenting 20 Moms Show Us What Happens When They Leave the Kids With Dad
- Real Parenting These Dads Are More Than Happy to Take on the Role of Househusband
- Preschooler Trekking in a Subic Forest Serves as a School for These Kids Once a Week
- Love & Relationships Thank You, Husband, for Putting Me First When I Think of You Last
Our Best Vacation Ever! : Seven Destinations to Check Out this SummerThese families take you through snapshots and reviews of fabulous trips worth revisiting.by Ines Bautista-Yao .
Vacation Spot #1: Malagos Garden Resort, Davao
Family: Eric and Shelli Tomacruz and daughter Mantha, one year old
Why we went:
Davao is exotic. My memories of trips before I had a baby include monkey-eating eagles, durian and pomelo, Samal island, Pearl Farm resort, and delicious food.
What we loved:
On this trip, we were mostly in the city. We stayed at Marco Polo Hotel and only had a one-day trip to Samal Island, Malagos Garden Resort. Both places were child-friendly and the staff was very nice, too. There is a lot for kids to do in Malagos, such as their big vegetable and fruit garden, a petting zoo, and a bird show.
What to check out:
• Mantha loved the bird show. It featured all types of birds including a duck walk, where they had ducks on parade set to music, and a segment on eagles where eagles were allowed to fly around above the audience. The host explained that none of the birds are clipped and are free to leave if they want to, but they choose to stay.
• Mantha also got to ride a pony, which I think most children enjoy.
• In Marco Polo, she liked the pool and the fish tanks in the Chinese restaurant.
• The flight is a bit long, so try to book the flight during off-peak season. For convenience, arrange for airport transfers, since your child may be tired after the long flight.
• Taxis are easy to get around town in. We never had trouble with traffic although there are one-way streets in town so it may seem like the taxi is going the long way, but isn't.
• There are barter stations where you can buy cheap local goods. It can be a one-stop shop for pasalubongs: malongs, sarongs, handicrafts, etc.The batik for kids are cute for both girls and boys, and cheap, too.
• Bring home local products and produce, and take lots of pictures!
• A standard cottage at Malagos Garden Resort which fits four to five people is P2,400 a night, inclusive of breakfast for four people.
Photo from malagos.com
Click here to see vacation spot #2: Las Casas Filipinas de Azucar in Bataan.1 of 7 NEXT
- Viewing as List