- Preschooler Pinoy Parents React to No-Homework Policy: 'Zero Homework Breeds Lazy Childhood'
- Preschooler Create a Routine for Your Child and 5 Other Tips to Prevent Tantrums
- Home Child-Sized Tables, Beds, and Personal Ball Pits! 7 Stores to Shop for Kids' Furniture
- Health & Nutrition Breathing In Polluted Air May Affect Developing Babies in the Womb, Says New Study
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Summer Break Must-Do: Visit these 3 Asian DestinationsTake advantage of school break and whisk the family away to an unforgettable vacation!
If now is the time to use those hard-earned savings, we recommend three places in Asia that your brood would love to be in. Have fun!
Destination #1: SINGAPORE
Hailed as the Asian country with the best quality of life, Singapore is a highly-globalized city-state and is the favorite destination of many who want to experience the good life in a tropical setting. Due to the efficiency of transportation and public service, it’s very family-friendly as well. The climate is very much akin to ours, and with 42 percent of its residents foreigners, the cuisine is widely inclusive. Most businesses are conducted in English as well. There’s no culture shock happening on your first visit, that’s for sure.
Where family is kingADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Resorts World Sentosa
Resorts World Sentosa is a collection of resorts and attractions with fun-filled offerings for the whole family. Once on this island, you’ll never want to leave!
• There are six hotels in Resorts World Sentosa, and Festive Hotel is the family-friendliest. The rooms have a separate chamber for the parents and loft beds for the kids. Sofas also flatten for extra sleeping room.
• Have a dip in the pool!
Nom, nom, nom!
Because of Malaysian influences, some Singaporean foods are spicy, so always ask before you order for your kids. You’ll never run out of food choices, though, and you can even hop onto the next hotel, like in Starz Restaurant in Hard Rock Hotel, for an extensive buffet of international cuisines. You can visit neighboring country Malaysia, or you can opt to have your dinner at Malaysian Food Street.
Where fun is at
Families who come to this city-state often have a visit to Universal Studios Singapore in their itinerary, and with good reason. Daredevil dads and sons can get their adrenaline rush from rides like the dueling coasters of Battlestar Galactica and the 4D ride Transformers The Ride.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Sesame Street mascots
• Moms and very tiny tots will enjoy the Sesame Street Space Chase. Catch the gang in street performances and buy yourself a souvenir for old times’ sake.
• Hungry? There are plenty of food choices within Universal Studios.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Adventure Cove Waterpark
• Get wet and wild with the fish in Adventure Cove Waterpark and Marine Life Park. It’s the region’s only aquatic adventure park integrated with real marine life. You can snorkel over a coral reef, touch manta rays, zoom down a thrilling waterslide, or simply swim in peace.
• Take your kids to the Maritime Experiential Museum on your downtime. Learn about ships and the products people used to barter with each other ages ago.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• The world’s largest aquarium is right here in Asia! The S.E.A. Aquarium contains more than 800 species of marine animals, including some of the heavyweights of the sea! We love that the biggest viewing room is laid out like a movie house without the seats, so you can stay and just marvel at the marine animals for hours on end. No need to hurry out!
• Your kids can even touch some of the animals, like starfish.
Photos from Resorts World Sentosa1 of 3 NEXT