- Toddler Fine Motor Skills Are Essential For Learning: Checklist For 3 To 5 Years Old
- Wellness What Makes You Feel Like A 'Mean Mom'? This Mother Has An Answer
- Love & Relationships Best Excuse To Try New Sex Position: Avoid Missionary For Now To Prevent COVID-19!
- Preschooler Gamitin Ang DepEd Dropbox Enrollment System Kung Walang Internet O Computer
5 Natural Sunblock Brands that are Safe to Use on KidsProtect your child from the scorching sun with these mom-recommended, natural ingredient-based sunblock brands.
In the Philippines, summer vacation is associated with beach escapades, swimming sessions, out-of-town trips and family activities that usually entail one being exposed to the sun's rays. Thus, it’s important to protect our children's skin from the harmful effects of the sun – something we should do, in fact, even when it’s not summer.
When it comes to our kids' well-being, it's always best to stay on the safe side and stick to those with the most natural ingredients. Here are 5 of what moms recommend:
1. Human Nature's Safeblock 100% Natural SunscreenADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Human Nature is known for its products that are pro-poor, pro-environment and pro-Philippines. Its natural sunscreen, SAFEBLOCK, is one of its newest products.
Human Nature SAFEBLOCK is said to be “the Philippines’ first 100% natural, broad-spectrum, reef-friendly family sunscreen.”It “armors your skin against aging UVA rays with PA+++ rated protection, blocks 93% of skin-burning UVB rays, and cares for our coral reefs with only all-good, sea-safe natural ingredients,” so using it means not only caring for your child’s skin but also for marine life.
SAFEBLOCK is available on the Human Heart Nature website and comes in 2 sizes: 50 g at P224.75 and 200g at P549.75.
2. Indigo Baby’s Sun is Shining SPF 30CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Indigo Baby is known for using natural ingredients. Its Sun is Shining Baby Sunblock moisturizes and protects you and your baby's delicate skin from sunburn and long-term skin damage.
This highly recommended sunblock is made of beeswax, grapeseed extract, grapeseed oil, zinc oxide, vitamin E, lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) and chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) pure essential oil.
Sun is Shining Baby Sunblock is available at the Indigo Baby online store for P426 per container.
3. Embodyment Organic Essentials Sunproof Me SPF 30 Face & Body Moisturizing SunblockADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This sunblock has a mild and all-natural formation that is safe for both kids and adults. It also doubles as a day moisturizer – just massage some onto your face to serve as a base before applying makeup.
Embodyment Organic Essentials Sunblock is available at the Embodyment Organic Essentials website for P320 per 100 mL tube.
4. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Kids Broad Spectrum spf45ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This water resistant (for 80 minutes) sunscreen for kids provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Authority (FDA). It is made with preferred sunscreen ingredients, has no artificial colors, parabens, phthalates, oxybenzone, PABA, and is 100% vegetarian.
Its sunflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil and aloe vera components help soften and moisturize skin, while grape seed oil and vitamin E provide powerful antioxidant protection.
You can read more about this sunscreen on the Alba Botanica website. It is available locally at most Healthy Options outlets for P375 per tube.
5. Nature’s Gate Kids Broad Spectrum SPF 50 SunscreenADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This sunblock was recommended to me by a friend whose son is a certified soccer fanatic. It is free of fragrance, parabens, phtalates & oxybenzone, and animal derived ingredients.
Its natural ingredients include chamomile and aloe vera, which help to hydrate and moisturize sun-exposed skin. It provides UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection and 40 minutes of water resistance.
Nature’s Gate Kids Broad Spectrum sunblock is available at most Healthy Options outlets for P395 per tube.
What other nature-based sunblock lotions or creams have you tried that worked for you? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
Trending in Summit Network