- Gift Guide 6 Christmas Gifts That Will Protect Families And Loved Ones During The Pandemic
- Baby Baby Food Menu Ng 30 Days Atbp! Meal Planning Tips Para Sa 6-Month-Old Baby
- Baby Mula Kay Primo Hanggang Kay Alana! Mga Potty Training Techniques Ni Iya Villania
- Health & Nutrition Ano Ang Duphaston At Bakit Ito Nirereseta Sa Buntis?
Swaddle Your Baby to SleepKeep your baby snug and safe as he drifts off to dreamland.
- Newborns need a warm wrap at night during their first few weeks to help them adjust to life outside mommy’s snug womb. A good swaddling may be your wise solution to baby’s sleep troubles. Infants are often easily startled and awakened by their own movement, or may simply feel uncomfortable in the middle of sleep for no reason at all.
Lay the blanket flat on the bed, fold one corner down creating a triangular shape, and place your baby in the middle with his head resting on the folded edge. Pull the left side of the blanket snugly across your baby’s chest, tucking his arm on his side, and secure the blanket under his body. Pull the bottom corner of the blanket up and fold the edge back or tuck it into the first wrap. Finally, pull the remaining corner of the blanket across your baby’s chest, tucking his left arm to his side.
Some babies, however, do not like being swaddled. Take your baby’s cues and go for what he prefers.
Dr. Padua-Bautista adds, “The best wind down activity is listening to soft, classical music.” Melodies from harps and flutes as well as the sounds of nature are your best bets. Music allows your baby to drift off into dreamland, slowing down his heart rate and lulling him to sleep.SOURCES
l Beatriz Padua-Bautista, M.D., internist and family doctor, Quezon City and Laoag CityCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network