- Gift Guide 6 Christmas Gifts That Will Protect Families And Loved Ones During The Pandemic
- Baby Baby Food Menu Ng 30 Days Atbp! Meal Planning Tips Para Sa 6-Month-Old Baby
- Baby Mula Kay Primo Hanggang Kay Alana! Mga Potty Training Techniques Ni Iya Villania
- Health & Nutrition Ano Ang Duphaston At Bakit Ito Nirereseta Sa Buntis?
The Pros and Cons of Baby Slings and CarriersBaby slings and front carriers are helpful equipment in freeing up your arms and providing a close way carry your baby. These child-handling contraptions are fairly safe to use, as long as you take considerable care and caution.
Advantages Baby Carriers Baby Slings
- Helps you carry your baby for longer periods
- Similar to a hammock, a child can lie down with her head supported by the sling, or sit cross-legged so that her weight is spread evenly through her legs and hips
- Offers up to six different carrying positions
- Baby obtains vestibular stimulation (gets more practice balancing and positioning their own bodies in space)
- Suitable for breastfeeding
- Spinal stress caused with the infant's legs hanging down and the body weight supported at the base of the baby's spine. It can adversely affect the development of the spinal curves.
- Long periods in a back-lying carrier can result in flattened heads or canal distortions.
- Test the carrier with a large heavy doll. Practice bending your knees, moving through doorways, moving quickly, and getting the "baby" in and out of the carrier.
- Try out the different baby-wearing positions.
- Shift baby's position when she's in the carrier to protect her canal development, as well as safeguard your posture and bone structure
- Be mindful of what you put in the carrier - use designated pockets for your items
- Make sure that your baby's legs are higher than her bottom, so that she won't slip out of her sling.
- Spread fabric across the wearer's back to evenly distribute baby's weight.
- Only babies up to 35 lbs. should be carried to protect the wearer's back.
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network