- Real Parenting Princess Tent Kapalit Ng 2 Kilong Manok! The Best Items Moms Got From Bartering
- Toddler Is It Okay To Discipline Someone Else's Child? When People Need To Mind Their Own Business
- News New Trend Shows Whole Families Are Getting COVID-19. How It Happens
- Your Health For Another Layer Of Protection! Where To Buy Face Shields In Manila
13 Reasons To Home School Your Big KidIra Nolasco-Aguila, a home schooling mom and contributor, generously shares why home schooling was the way to go for her and her daughter.
My daughter started home schooling when she was seven years old, she was at level 2 at the time. However, before I made this choice, I heard a lot of things about home schooling. Most of them were about the disadvantages. Below are some facts that helped me make my decision to home school my big kid.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. It’s cheaper. No uniforms, no bus services fee and less school supplies… I mean much less school supplies. My daughter only needs pencils, crayons and sometimes colored paper or cartolina for her projects and experiments but mostly we use recycled items or scrap paper found at home.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
2. There is less stress on both the student and the parent (the one who looks after the student at home). Though we have allotted time to study, there’s no stress on absorbing every lesson at one time. She doesn’t have to wait for others to finish their work or she doesn’t have to cram or to catch up with others just to move on to other lessons. The PACES (Parent and Child Educational Services) were also designed for your big kid to understand the lessons easily.
3. The home school educational system adheres to individualization to meet specific learning needs and capabilities. It also incorporates character building and wisdom principles.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. No frustrations. Do you know that being the lowest in class even if it’s not a failing grade frustrates our kids? Or even having too many mistakes in a quiz frustrates them? At my big kid’s school, there are certain rules in correcting mistakes and scoring such that she doesn’t need to get frustrated.
5. Kids learn to work well independently. My daughter works with minimum supervision and takes the initiative to find solutions to problems and analyze examples to learn new procedures on her own.
Click here for more reasons to home school your child.1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network