- Baby Time To Change Your Baby's Formula Milk If You See These Signs, According To A Pedia
- Preschooler MRIs Show How Too Much Screen Time Can Slow A Child's Brain Development
- Toddler Nagsisilbing 'Happiness Anchor' ang Family Vacation Paglaki ng mga Bata
- Love & Relationships Frustrated Mom To Husbands: Don't Wait To Be Asked To Do Chores; Just Do Something.
10 Must-Read Books for your Special Needs ChildBooks to help special needs children understand and feel more confident about themselves.by Natasha Balbas .
More and more, authors of children's books are tackling issues faced by families with special needs children. Their books allow parents and children to openly discuss and explore their personal feelings and thoughts about what society deems as “normal”. Talking to your special needs child about his or her condition isn't always easy. Here are 10 books to help you get started.
1. Xilef by Augie RiveraADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Overview (from Adarna.com.ph):
Xilef is the first Filipino children's story that helps develop greater understanding and acceptance of dyslexic children. [This book] can be used to teach about learning disabilities.
In 2005 it was recognized by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) as one of the Outstanding Books for Young People with Disabilities. It also won third prize in the Best Children's Story category in the 1999 Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards.
Real mom says:
“At first I wanted to get it to show my dyslexic son that he wasn't alone. It turns out that it was also good to read it to my younger kid, because it helped them to understand a little bit more about their sibling's personal challenges. [It was] a really good read.” - Jules, mom to John, 6, and Jannah, 3.
Where to get it:
Adarna House, Scout Torillo corner Scout Fernandez Streets, Barangay Sacred Heart, Quezon City 1103 Philippines. Online orders available at www.adarna.com.phADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos1 of 10 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network