- Getting Pregnant Alamin Ang Mga Dahilan Kung Bakit Dinudugo ang Buntis
- Toddler Nap Time Provides a Direct Benefit To Learning: 3 Tips To Implement It
- Preschooler 8 Cute And Comfortable Face Masks Your Kids Are Sure To Love (Buy Them Online!)
- News Sexual Predators Online Are Thriving: 'Nakakapanlumo Ang Mga Pages At Groups'
First-Time Parents’ Preschool FAQs: Choosing a Preschool & HomeworkSending children off to school for the first time is no easy task, especially for first time parents. Read on to help prepare your child.
1. How do I choose the right preschool for my child?
Consider the kind of approach a preschool offers. Inquire what the school’s approach is. A child-centered preschool where play is integrated in the curriculum is an ideal consideration. The school’s philosophy should reflect how the individuality of every child is respected. It should generally reflect an environment where you can imagine your child having fun and being eager to interact with teachers and classmates.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Find out about the 5 Ps of Choosing the Right Preschool here.
2. What will my child learn in preschool?
Children learn about concepts such as alphabets, letters, shapes and primary colors, as well as learn about one’s identity, family, and community. According to Dianne Dodge and the Joanne Phinney, authors of A Parent’s Guide to Preschool (2002), the preschool years are a time to develop skills that kids will need in elementary school. Work habits, literacy, and basic thinking skills such as classification are developed at this stage.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
3. How do I know if the classroom is child-friendly?
Authors Dodge and Phinney note that in a child-friendly classroom, materials are placed neatly on low shelves, in containers that children can pack away independently. There should be different learning centers such as blocks, dramatic play, toys and games, art, discovery, library, sand and water, music and movement, cooking, computers, and different play areas outdoors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
A variety of learning materials should be found in each area so that learning is encouraged no matter where they stay.
Click here to read up on more Preschool FAQs.1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network