- Your Kid’s Health Mom Describes How COVID-19 Began For Her Kids: 'Nilagnat At Nosebleed Ang Kambal'
- Toddler 'Tumigil Ka, Isa, Dalawa...!' This Discipline Tactic Can Send Your Child The Wrong Message
- Labor & Childbirth How Many Kids Can A Woman Have Via C-Section?
- Labor & Childbirth How To Care For Your Body After Baby: 'Magpaalaga Ka, Lahat Ng Chores Ipasa Muna'
Is your Family Earthquake-Prepared?Make sure everyone in the family, including your preschooler, knows how to protect himself when calamity strikes.by Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
There have been news of earthquakes recently in different places around the world, and the natural reaction of parents like us is to worry about the safety of our loved ones. The best thing to do though is to prepare family members for such an eventuality by discussing what needs to be done in case of an earthquake.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, earthquake drills are conducted quarterly not only in schools but also in business establishments, hospitals, and government agencies nationwide. Very soon, earthquake drills will also be conducted along the Skyway to prepare motorists for such emergencies.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Here are some things you need to discuss lengthily with your kids so that, in case an earthquake happens while they are still in school, they would know what to do. Safety is of primary importance and they need to be aware of the following:
- The safe spots in the classroom (tables, desks, doors, etc.)
- The danger zones (e.g. windows and glass, book shelves, machinery, cabinets and furniture, hanging and heavy objects)
- The evacuation route
- The open area where they will evacuate after an earthquake
Click here to read on about how you and your family can protect yourselves during an earthquake.1 of 4 NEXT
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network