- Toddler 25 OMG Images That Sum Up #LifeWithAToddler
- Money I Started My Online Business With Less Than P1,000: 5 Tips From Successful Mompreneurs
- Toddler Pinay Mom With '100 Toddler Meal Ideas' Shares Her Meal Planning Secrets
- News These Face Masks Made From Abaca Are '7 Times Better' Than Typical Cloth Face Mask
Jennica Is All Of Us Moms Asking For Baon Tips As Her Kids Start PreschoolSimple, nutritious baon is what the mom of two asked for, and the Internet didn't disappointby Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
How time flies! Jennica Uytingco’s daughters Mori Athena and Alessi are only 4 and 1, respectively, but the mom happily reports her little ones are ready to start preschool!
And because we moms trust each other’s opinions whenever we embark on something new, it’s natural for Jennica to ask her fellow moms’ recommendations. Normally, people come to Jennica for parenting advice, but this time, it was her turn to learn from others.
Jennica shared her excitement over this new chapter in her children’s lives.
“Unang araw kasi ng pagpasok ng dalawang anak ko sa @cascadesintlsch bukas,” she wrote on Instagram.
Cascades International School, where Jennica’s kids will go, adheres to the Reggio-Emilia philosophy.
According to Raya School QC director and co-founder Ani Rosa Almario, Reggio-Emilia “revolves around the child as a citizen, as an individual equipped with many languages and a creative imagination, [and] as a person to be regarded with respect.” The curriculum continually evolves based on student interest and response.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
“Excited ako at ganon din sila pero na pressure po ako bigla sa pang araw-araw na ibabaon ko sa kanilang pagkain,” she admits. “Mga Inay ako naman po ang may tanong sainyo. Ano po ang mga healthy na pagkain at snacks na ibinabaon ninyo sa inyong mga anak pag papasok na sila sa eskwela?CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
“Yung madali po sana lutuin pero hindi compromised ang nutrition,” the natural parenting advocate posted on Instagram. Thankfully, her followers didn’t fail her.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If, like Jennica, you are looking for baon ideas, here are some of the best suggestions for baon from the comments:
1. Fruits - The number one suggestion of fellow moms for baon ideas was fruits like dragonfruit, apples, orange, banana. These are naturally low in fat and sodium, and high in vitamins.
2. Vegetables - celery stick with cream cheese or peanut butter, beetroot, carrots, broccoli, boiled corn. These are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals.
3. Eggs - scrambled eggs are kids' favorites, but hardboiled eggs are just as nutritious but are more convenient to eat, especially if the kids are in a hurry.
4. Root crops - camote fries, banana cue - aside from being delicious, these kids' favorites (as camote cue or fries) are packed with carbohydrates for energy, Vitamin B, and niacin to boost brain functions.
5. Cheese - string cheese, cheddar cheese, and other varieties of cheese are packed with calcium, protein, Vitamin A.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
6. Bread - Sandwich and french toast are just some of the ways to serve bread. Nutrients could vary depending on the filling you choose, but you're almost assured your child will finish it if it's his favorite.
7. Yoghurt - boosts digestion, strengthens the immune system
8. Oatmeal, overnight oats - choose this for high antioxidant and soluble fiber content
9. Kakanin - suman, bibingka, puto
10. Pancakes with peanut butter
More from Smart Parenting
Trending in Summit Network