- Real Parenting These IDs Do Not Have Encoding Errors. Meet The Alphabet Siblings!
- News Galing Ng Pinoy! Kumalat Na Ang Community Pantry Ng Maginhawa Sa Maraming Lugar
- Toddler Avoid Feeling Guilty About Being Strict: 8 Guidelines for Positive Discipline
- Home 'Nakakagaan Sa Bulsa': Mom Shares 8 Tips To Live Less And Be Happier In A Small Home
True and Funny! This Dad Gets Real About Parenting 4 DaughtersHe documents his daily parenting adventures accompanied by hilarious and brutally honest little anecdotes.
Parenting one toddler is stressful enough. Now imagine having four kids below 10 years old, two of whom are twin babies! British dad Simon Hooper is such a parent, and thanks to his Instagram account @father_of_daughters, the world is better for it.
He and his wife Clementine are parents to 9-year-old Anya, 6-year-old Marnie and 10-month-old twins Ottilie and Delilah. He documents his daily parenting adventures on Instagram accompanied by hilarious and brutally honest little anecdotes. Thanks in part to his fresh take on the highs and lows of being a parent, his account has garnered over 400,000 followers.
“There is way too much sugar coating when it comes to parents, so I wanted to share what it’s really like and provide a bit of humor at the same time,” Simon told Huffington Post. “Everyone is dealing with the same issues in this journey called parenting.”
And what realistic insights into parenting they are indeed. Here is a picture of him late in the afternoon having had just one cup of tea (reheated several times) all day. Accompanying him are his twin girls with their tummies full of three square meals spooned into their mouths by loving dad.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Here is a photo of what it’s like to sleep in a bed with four kids also in it. “I've become so used to sleeping in this limited area of bed real estate, that I'm confident that I could sleep on top of a wall and not fall off,” he wrote in the caption. Comfy.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What other parents are reading
Going through his posts, we’ve gained some interesting knowledge about being a dad to four girls.
1. Teething is a terribly terrifying endeavor when you have twins.
“It's not straight screaming, it's more like the sound a wounded animal might make that just wants to end it all.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Not taking the time to read to your children...will turn them into homeless people living under a bridge?
“For the love of the children, DO THE VOICES!”
3. Checking up on the kids at night, in the dark, while sleep deprived, is a health hazard
“As I leaned down to pick up Ottie, I whacked the bridge of my nose on the side of the cot... I stepped backward only to stumble over some razor sharp wooden blocks and fall into the side of Delilah's cot.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Four daughters equals spending forever in the accessories section of a department store
“I can hear the giggling, I just can't see them through the haze of pink and sparkles.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Daddy makeovers are inevitable.
“I introduce you to my drag queen half brother, Simone... Of course, they then thought it was hilarious to hide the makeup remover.”
6. There is an easier way to feed two babies at the same time.
“Unwilling to pick a favorite to feed first, I created a feeding approach I've dubbed 'the domino' position.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
7. Giving your kids horse rides is like being turned into a human bus service.
“On top of that, I have to point out imaginary landmarks as we go from room to room and if the guided tour isn't up to scratch, someone will inevitably try and pull my trousers down”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
8. It's okay to let the kids play and “jump off of things” at the playground
“It doesn't make me a bad parent, I just have, what they call in the trade, 'experience.'”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
See what other shenanigans dad Simon Hooper and his girls are getting up to at @fathers_of_daughters on Instagram.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network