- Toddler 25 OMG Images That Sum Up #LifeWithAToddler
- Money I Started My Online Business With Less Than P1,000: 5 Tips From Successful Mompreneurs
- Toddler Pinay Mom With '100 Toddler Meal Ideas' Shares Her Meal Planning Secrets
- News These Face Masks Made From Abaca Are '7 Times Better' Than Typical Cloth Face Mask
Mom we Love: Kaye Termulo-GarciaThis month's mom we love gives us a tip on how to gain instant confidence, and tells us why what we wear under our clothes matter.
Meet Kaye Termulo-Garcia, the Mom we Love featured in the Jan-Feb issue of Smart Parenting.
As an entrepreneur and owner of the lingerie lines Pink Kurve and Hot Pink, we asked Kaye to share with us her tips for finding the right underwear, and advice on loving your form.
SP: How important is it for a mom to have a good set of underwear?
Kaye: It’s a basic need for every woman. I don’t know if I’m just vain, but you really need appropriate underwear for different types of clothing. I find that you gain confidence instantly in knowing that you're wearing the right type of clothes inside.
I understand that as a mom, it’s natural for us to put our family’s needs ahead of ours, plus budget is a consideration when purchasing intimate wear, but you don’t really need to be frilly and all-matching all the time; you just need to find underwear that fits right, at the very least.
SP: What are the 5 underwear pieces that a woman must absolutely have?
Kaye: Number 1 is a basic T-shirt bra for [your] everyday [use]. Whatever you’re wearing, that will go well.
2. A good strapless bra [for] outfits like haltered blouses or dresses.
3. A body shaper where your bottom is not hanging out, your panty is not bakat - because, let’s face it, even the single girls need help sometimes. And because there are outfits that you cannot wear with panties, you need a piece of clothing that will allow you some form of control.
4. Cotton panties in white, black or nude for everyday use. I, personally, am a firm believer that everything should be nude: it will match everything and it won’t be seen.
5. Sticky bras, for dresses that you wear on special occasions. They go well with backless dresses or low back gowns because they don’t have straps – you just stick them on – and they push things up while being invisible.
Kaye also gives us tips on what to consider when buying intimate apparel:
1. Find underwear that fits. That's the most important thing.
2. Find one that offers ample support, depending on your cup size.
3. Look for quality. Fabric is important. Try the laser-cut microfiber fabric; it’s thin, it’s laser cut so there’s no bakat, and you can wear it under a tight dress. That is my cheaper version of a body shaper.
In conclusion, Kaye advises, "Know your body type. You’ll figure out what underwear to buy when you’ve accepted your body type. Acceptance is key!"ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Browse through the gallery for more photos of Kaye and Hot Pink Lingerie's collection.
Photos by Mark Chester Ang
Product images lifted from Hot Pink Lingerie's Facebook page, except where indicated
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery
Trending in Summit Network